Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: My mk2 caddy van

I am sure I read somewhere the other night that you can use a sachs sporting clutch for the VR6 on the TDi engine. Can any one tell me if you need the G60 flywheel to go with it?
    Would it be a case of all you need is this sort of thing
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Sachs-VW-V...item20ba4c0a6e
    or
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Genuine-VW...item1e6465a021 this??
    Any one know?

Quote Originally Posted by mitty85 View Post
    Sorry mate bit before my time, your showing your age
    Dont worry MLBV was old when that song was in the charts

I am sure I read somewhere the other night that you can use a sachs sporting clutch for the VR6 on the TDi engine. Can any one tell me if you need the G60 flywheel to go with it?
    Would it be a case of all you need is this sort of thing
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Sachs-VW-V...item20ba4c0a6e
    or
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Genuine-VW...item1e6465a021 this??
    Any one know?
    Your TDI will have a single mass flywheel so you only need a clutch kit. Condition of your original clutch is more important. I put near on 400lb of torque through a std VR6 clutch and its still going strong 5 years later

Thanks for the info Al. I hope to get an engine sorted in the next couple of months and get it "tuned" before I put it in the van then have it road tested and set up.
    I hope to get figures similar to MLBV.

Little pic of the vans at work.

Bit of an update. The van is a bit poorly at the minute. The exhaust has been knocking for a bit now but this week it has got worse and worse until tonight on the way home from work it finally split just infront of the centre silencer.
    As my dads workshop is having a new floor put in I have no access to the pit so I have had to jack it up on the drive and remove the exhaust from the cat back.

I'm not a massive fan of working on the drive especially when my 2yr old son is jumping up and down on my belly when I'm under the van.
    After a while I managed to get the exhaust off with some help from the grinder.

As you can see the remaning bit of exhaust is just long enough to sit on the bracket. I have lock wired it down for now.

I have some ear plugs to wear for the journey to work tomorrow.

Well tonight I finally managed to sort my exhaust. I have had to wait for the floor to be re concreted in the workshop so this has held me up.

I started by cutting the cat off from the down pipe.
    cat off!!

Just after the cat was a join in the pipe. I managed to keep the join so in future I can remove the centre section from the down pipe.
    I cut a bit of stainless pipe 45" long and tacked this to the pipe from the back box. Once welded up properly I fitted it all back up.
    It's the first time my dad has seen underneath the van. He wasn't impressed with all the scuff marks where I have hit the road.
    I didn't really get chance to see if all this has helped performance on the way home as the van is nearly out of fuel. I will keep you posted.

Had my black dash dropped of tonight
    I'll try and get it fitted pretty soon. If any one wants a guide let me know and I will do my best to take pics etc.
    Finally got to get my foot down today to see what the exhaust is like. The van feels a bit more responsive and the exhaust note is now a bit raspy. I like it!

And if you need a guide look tru my build thread, its very easy just dont rush and observe everything

I was going to use yours as a bit of a help tbh. I have 2 dashes in bits so it should be a help to see how things come undone.

I was going to make a start on fitting my black dash today. I gave it a good clean first but realised that I was missing a couple of bits.

The glove box lid for under the steering wheel and the speaker grills. I have spoken to my mate and he is going to pick them up next week for me.
    I realised that I didn't have a socket big enough for the steering wheel so I went to get one from Rob. On the way I remembered about my electric mirrors I have to fit. I need to extend the wiring loom on them. Once I have this sorted I'll do the dash. It's probably going to be a couple of weeks yet.

If any one is interested I have a pair of electric MK3 Golf mirrors for sale.

Same centre console as mine, have u a leather handbrake cover??

No just got the standard rubber one, why you got a leather one for me?

Unfortunatly not, try find one in aa scrapy cuz it covers the gap around the handbreak and it looks better, another thing i done was take the lock from the caddy glove box and put it in the black glovebox cuz the black one dosnt have it, i never use it but might aswell have it there

Not a bad idea I'll bear that in mind. I want to find a leather gear gaitor as well. Might look for a mk4 gear knob whilst I'm at it.

Yeah i was lookin for one myself but all progression for me has come to a halt for another while due to a serious lack of funds

sitting in the back of my van all comfy.DERBY, england
    Not a bad idea I'll bear that in mind. I want to find a leather gear gaitor as well. Might look for a mk4 gear knob whilst I'm at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry-tdi View Post
    Yeah i was lookin for one myself but all progression for me has come to a halt for another while due to a serious lack of funds
    i've got one of these :-
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

does the job
    mk1 NOW BEING BROKEN P.M. IF U NEED ANYTHING
    mk2 van :-

yes its a van -- no i can't move your fridge ... pizz off

http://www.derbyvags.co.uk/forums/index.php

Nice, that may save me a trip to the scrappy. So far I have only had to pay for the shocks and coils for the van. Got the dash free, already had the wheels and tyre, getting some 6n 5 door rear handles soon along with a few other bits.

Thanks for the link i may get a new one cuz mine was all tacky and i had to cut the handle piece off,

What are 6n rear handles??

6n polo 5 door rear door handles. I am sure that they will fit the front of the van. They don't have any key holes in them so in effect it will be de locking the van.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-VOLKSWAGEN-...item2a09064de9