Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: my mk2 caddy tdi

Just after ordering a bonnet bra from autobra.co.uk!
    £76 inc. delivery to ireland, pricey enough for a bit of leather but I want one

here is the reason why im getting a bra :L

what i learned here was that an industrial steam power washer will take the laquer along with the flys when it is at full power and when the nozzle is an inche from the bonnet :L but phuck it, live and learn

playing the triangle in a reggae band.... and ting
    at least you will be using it to cover up something a bit manky..... i never understand why people use them to cover up the incredibly important and nice looking paint on the front edge of their bonnet..... its a bit like that clear plastic thing my nan has covering up her hallway carpet 'to keep it nice' (by making it look crap)

I know exactly wat ur saying, im not the worlds biggest fans of the bras myself, some people have them on cars and they just look retarded, but i have an image in my head that the black bra will go well with the silver and my black wheels, I ordered it today so i shud have it by the end of the week then ill get a few pics up and see wat it looks like!

Has anyone else noticed that their van is quicker when lowered. My mate had an sdi mk2 a while back and it wud be out of steam at 85mph, but when he decked it it wud do the tonne.
    I noticed a slight difference aswell on a flat and level road my van was capable of sitting a 110mph and i once nearly had it at 120 on a slight hill on the motorway. Today i done another top speed run 4 the first time since lowering it and it was doing 115mph on the flat and level for about 2 miles, then i had it on the very same hill as last time and had it fully reved out doing wat i guessed was a little more than 125mph, its hard to tell cuz the clock only goes to 120!! :P
    So can any1 shed light on my lowering theory!? I should have took a pic cuz it looked cool to see the needle of the clock :L

a tdi will do 112 mph (120 indicated) as standard..... i did do an indicated vs real speed table.... it is entirely possible for a van to be slightly faster once lowered due to a slightly reduced drag coefficient.... the shape it presents to the air is very different and this will have an effect of a few mph (maybe as much as 8 )

unfortunately lowering was one of the first things i got done after the cops released the van so i didn't do a before and after speed test...

here is the results....

http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.php?t=35418
    Last edited by My Little Brother's Van; 11-05-2011 at 04:25 PM.

In the town near me theres an l.e.d sign that shows what speed you are doing, it reads kph and when i pass at 50kph (30mph) on the speedo the sign does say 46kph. Still to see the speedo off the clock was cool and even if it was just 120 at that its still very fast in a little van that has the aerodynamic shape of a house :L

Quote Originally Posted by Harry-tdi View Post
    Still to see the speedo off the clock was cool and even if it was just 120 at that its still very fast in a little van that has the aerodynamic shape of a house :L
    I wouldnt be broadcasting that on here mate if there are photos of your registration, you never know who's reading this unless it was on your own private airstrip of course
    Simon (a.k.a.) irish-caddy

im not too worried, if it was vagdrivers.net i wouldnt bother sayin anything cuz theres alot of gob****es on that, but here seems ok

there is nothing that the police can do about anything claimed on here (or any other forum) because there is no evidence.... even the videos i have posted of acceleration runs up to 120 are not evidence.... there is no independent witness (a cop who saw me record it) and nothing to say that the speedo wasn't defective..... people like the courts and the police know that even if there is a clear video of a car speeding (including showing the road and the speedo) this could easily be fefended in court by saying that the speedo was defective, this is only a small fine for not having a roadworthy vehicle and there are any number of other get outs that people can use to make the evidence unreliable....

they will only procecute from a third party video where the evidence is water tight and its a major flouting of the law (such as street racing at 180 mph) so yea, don't worry about it....

Quote Originally Posted by My Little Brother's Van View Post
    there is nothing that the police can do about anything claimed on here (or any other forum) because there is no evidence.... even the videos i have posted of acceleration runs up to 120 are not evidence.... there is no independent witness (a cop who saw me record it) and nothing to say that the speedo wasn't defective..... people like the courts and the police know that even if there is a clear video of a car speeding (including showing the road and the speedo) this could easily be fefended in court by saying that the speedo was defective, this is only a small fine for not having a roadworthy vehicle and there are any number of other get outs that people can use to make the evidence unreliable....

they will only procecute from a third party video where the evidence is water tight and its a major flouting of the law (such as street racing at 180 mph) so yea, don't worry about it....
    a speedo aint part of the mot anyway is it?

its not an mot fail (as its not tested) but it is illegal to drive a vehicle without a working speedo under construction and use...

where can i see ur acceleration videos??

Quote Originally Posted by My Little Brother's Van View Post
    its not an mot fail (as its not tested) but it is illegal to drive a vehicle without a working speedo under construction and use...
    right, strange sorta rule tho. very weird.

sh1t thats fairly quick, i must try a video myself :P

time for a progress update
    i got myself propper tint spray yesterday for my tail lights
    before

during, i masked off the reverse cuz i want that left clear

after

comparison with my failed attempt

no lights

and back in

much better lookin

oh and one other thing...

where theres smoke, theres poke :P
    Last edited by Harry-tdi; 11-05-2011 at 01:53 PM.

when you get some spare dosh even up the rear lights.... either go for two clears (and an led foglight bulb in the driver's side) or two red bottoms and do away with the reversing light and have two fogs....

http://www.justcaddys.com/mk2_caddy_van.html

Last edited by My Little Brother's Van; 11-05-2011 at 01:59 PM.

yeah i see u have the 2 clears, that looks good!!
    atm im just delighted to get rid of the horrible orange
    i also changed the orange bulbs for clear ones in my front indicators because u could see the orange reflection and it looked terrible!!

try those silver coated ones, they actually look pretty good, and they will save you getting tugged by the fuzz....