Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECU needed for caddy sdi van

ECU needed for caddy sdi van

Hi. i need a ECU for a caddy sdi 2003 van 038906013AN is the ECU number if anyone can help i would be very much appreciated! Thankyou
    I dont want to let her go to the scrappy!
    Last edited by Madlions; 08-02-2011 at 05:30 PM.

They can be repaired, I had to give in with my old van it cost me £350 from
    http://www.autotekelectronics.com/ne...k/UK/index.php But that was nearly a whole new ECU apart from the outer cover! and they read the codes for the immob and put them into the new part so it saves getting the replacement ECU re-coded.

Hi thanks for that I will luck into that, Down side is i dont think the van is worth that amount anymore! Thankyou

Dont give up yust yet! What is the problem?
    Some of the guys have had luck with taking the cover off and drying them out.

Is it definately the ECU, quite often a faulty 109 relay gets mis diagnosed as a faulty ECU. A 2003 model is surely work putting an ECU on if it does turn out to be that.
    Rich

Hi the van wont rev above 2000rpm and in the fault memory its showing egr, air flow, fuel pump slide limiter and glow circuits short or open circuit but they are not ive fully tested (Im a HGV technician) all the wiring/buzzed them through. Ive stripped the ECU and it was damp and the board was corroded-cleaned to the best it will get and some faults dissapeared but some remain. I can only imagine its put the engine into limp mode as it thinks it has a short.
    Driving me mad!

Ah right, that does sound a bit more terminal. Will the fault codes erase or do they instantly reappear

the same faults, on an audi tdi would be the engine management control supply S102 which is a fuse that supplies all the engine sensors with power. The ecu cuts fuelling and turns off the boost as it has no feedback from the engine so goes to emergency running mode.

On the caddy, check fuse 15, 10A (engine electrics) (and relay 109 as Rich suggested).

Hi all thankyou for all the replies and help so far!!! The faults will not delete they come back on instantly! I no all the fuses are all ok, This relay 109 sounds interesting I did have a look at this and removed the top exsposed the coil inside but looked ok although did smell slightly burnt! would this relay cause these problems? The sensors all do have feeds ive checked but if its the correct signal voltages I dont no. I did notice the EGR fault dissapeared after cleaning the ECU board but soon returned coincidental???. Thanks

Typically when relay 109 fails it wont start, it doesnt really affect running in the way you describe. If you do get you ECU swapped, it's worth replacing 109 as a matter of course because theyre of an age where theyre begining to fail.

Just noticed, this was post 3000 and it was a sensible one too

Hi I will get one tomorrow from my vw dealer! Many thanks for the info!

If it's any help there is a caddy Sdi and inca Sdi at Harry bucklands breakers in Cheltenham, google should give you the number mate. Cheap too, I had a complete Ibiza front for 70 sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_T View Post
    Typically when relay 109 fails it wont start, it doesnt really affect running in the way you describe. If you do get you ECU swapped, it's worth replacing 109 as a matter of course because theyre of an age where theyre begining to fail.

Just noticed, this was post 3000 and I was wearing my gold lame track suit and sparkly thong too, woooooo!
    Thats just nasty mate, I have to try and sleep with that image in my head now!

Fitted new 109 relay and new fuse 15 10 am no joy! Anyone have an ecu for this? Thanks

Tried drying the ecu out in a hot airing cupboard mate? It is encouraging that cleaning the pcb got rid of some faults. Mind they are sensitive to static electricity and you can introduce faults just by touching the pcb in a dry atmosphere if your body isnt grounded.

As far as I know, no one on here has recently mentioned having a spare sdi ecu, as a few have asked, only real cheap place is the breakers but then you need the immo recoded to it.

BBA-reman repair them, and others do too,about £300 I think? way cheaper than new one (about £800 plus vat last time I looked) but you are correct, if you have chased the sensor feeds and they are there, then all the separate analogue inputs on the ecu cant have gone together, each one is unique..except for they share a common ground.. theres a power gnd, digital gnd and analogue sgnal gnd, perhaps the ecu earths are to blame. I repair electronics for a living and that's where I would be looking bud, too many inputs down but it still starts, suggests the CPU is still alive, but not reading the I/O.

If ya gimme half an hour i'll dig out the ecu pinout list for ya and post it here.

Sorry i was less help last night, was well p1shed by the time you asked lol

Ok here are the ECU pinouts on the plug (wire) side, there are several earths (page 2). The ecu is identical up to 2004 on all SDi although the diagram header says < 2002 and AEY (AYQ ecu is the same pinout and references this same diagram in Autodata).

Signal details are included for each pin.

Last edited by FlySpeck; 09-02-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Hi Thankyou very very much for the pin out diagrams!!!! Im going to work early tomorrow to test the ecu! I will keep you posted! Thanks again!

Keep you all updated, had a stroke of look today after diagnosing my ECU as a earth fault after going through the pinouts (Thanks to flyspeck for the diagrams). Rung everywhere and no one claimed to have one so I had a trip down myself to the scrappy, found a caddy under a few cars which had the sdi badge (I was nervously excited) the engine had gone and just about everything else! To my astonishment when i pulled the scuttle back there was an Ecu with the same bosch number!!!! Sold to me for £50 bargain i say! Plugged in to my caddy all faults cleared apart from an obvious immobiliser fault (The caddy with Ecu from the scrappy, they sold the key with the fuel cap ahhhh) Tested the new ECU all ok! I have booked it in with VW on tuesday to the have the key paired with the ECU! I assume the Ecu contains the immobiliser code and not the key reader? Big thanks to everyone who helped! I will post on the final result!

Did this ever get resolved? got all the same troubles you mentioned and i'm eager to see wot happened with yours

probly worked so he never got back to posting.

Steve, Try U-Pullit in england (google em) they may have a SDi ecu they will post out, pretty cheap for parts too, I got lots of stuff for my twin turbo legacy and they were totally cheap! (scottish branch) brake calipers, £6 and discs £6 each in mint condition! fab.