Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Caddy from Lower 48

In case someone has the same oil in water problem I'm giving an update. As noted above I re-torqued the head but it is likely replacing the oil cooler that seems to have fixed it. The water level has been the same and the oil appears to have no water in it. I have taken a paper towel several times and soaked up the oil and the water seems to be getting cleaner. I nearly replaced the head gasket and it seems that would have been a waste of time. I hope this helps!

Please HELP? My son lost his brakes on 82 Caddy. We have replaced rear brakes, pistons and a brand new master cylinder. First time in 30 years I can't get proper peddle. What are we missing? PLEASE HELP? g60jim

Quote Originally Posted by g60jim View Post
    Please HELP? My son lost his brakes on 82 Caddy. We have replaced rear brakes, pistons and a brand new master cylinder. First time in 30 years I can't get proper peddle. What are we missing? PLEASE HELP? g60jim
    not wishing to teach you how to suck eggs but... you did bleed the system?

as long as the system is sealed and no air in it then the brakes should work.

are the rear drum adjusted up properly?

Was the rear brake bias valve opened up fully when you bled the system?

Tried all the normal things. This is just freaky! In 50 years of tinkering with cars I have never come across this. Has anyone had a really, really abnormal brake problem. Thanks for the help, but that's not it.

Has the pedal started to pull through the body? They can go where the cable goes out to the engine bay.

No, but thanks. We can get solid fluid to every wheel, but still not keep a good pedal. This like nothing I have ever seen.

, i

Back at it again! I am attempting to revive the 50's again. The 50's USA cars had a lot of stainless or chrome. That is what I grew up around and even though I can go back to the 50's, i can try to make my Caddy look like it came from that area. Added stainless post trim and chrome door handles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by g60jim View Post
    Back at it again! I am attempting to revive the 50's again. The 50's USA cars had a lot of stainless or chrome. That is what I grew up around and even though I can go back to the 50's, i can try to make my Caddy look like it came from that area. Added stainless post trim and chrome door handles.
    My 64 Galaxie & 65 Cyclone have acres of stainless which is still in excellent condition, unlike some of the pot metal (or monkey metal as we call it in the UK).

BUT. What we want to know is more about the Cabrio hybrid

Are they Ford door handles, they look familiar?

Your very observant Al. The handles are mid 60's Ford Mustang. The trim is hand formed from polished stainless to recycle the 50's, 60's US cars style. The build was done by reinforcing the rockers panels and using the Cabriolet windshield frame and part of the top.