Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Caddy from Lower 48

SANY0489.jpg Thanx for the feedback and pics of some beautiful interiors. 55 Chevy is my guess. I wanted mine to look like it was from the 40's or 50's because I when I was a boy those were the street rods and I always loved them. Note to Caddy D: I have a lot of pics that could be helpful, but I don't know how to post them properly. Plus: you don't know what you can do until you try it. I'm not a fabricator, but a semi-retired letter and pin striping guy. The retired part helps because the dash took a lot of time!!!!! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by g60jim View Post
    I have a lot of pics that could be helpful, but I don't know how to post them properly.
    You need a photobucket account or similar. Think Mugglesquoup wrote a "how to" somwhere - I'll try and find it

Sweet man, if you private message me your email can send the photos to me I will upload them for you..

Caddy-D I sent several pics to your private email. I hope it helps. It was a very hard project, but very satisfying when completed. I can't describe each step but they say a picture is worth a 1000 words. Jim

I have not gotten a email g60jim?

Ok here are g60jims pictures

Caddy-D, Thanx for all your help posting my pictures. I hope they help if you decide to build your own dash. Jim

No worries g60jim. Hopefully I can make some things as cool as this looks the awesome.

SANY0489.jpg HELP !!!! I have customized the outside, the interior and now I want to do the engine bay. I have an old tail gate from which I want to use the VOLKSWAGEN lettering. I have far to many wires, cables and tubes, so I want to cover them up. I want a very clean look. Does anyone have ideas???? Any pictures??? Thanks Jim

Click [Advanced Search]; [Keyword(s)] = skuttle; [User Name] = me

SANY0489.jpg Thanks Iowa, I checked out the link, but I want to head a different direction. I want to keep the heater but cover the most of the engine bay. I have so many wires and cables that I would like to hide. A lot of the custom builders in the US are now hiding the most of the engine and that what I'm thinking. I still want to use the tail gate lettering. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Jim

Let's try again. I want ideas on an engine cover up. I have an old tail gate skin from which I want to use the VOLKSWAGEN logo. I want to cover nearly everything. I don't want to polish like the Fisherman!! It would be nice to hide all the wires and tubes on my former G60 engine. I would appreciate any pictures. Thanx in advance. Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Funny I dont want to polish like the Fisherman either

And on that basis,I am not qualified to give you any advice

Since the Fisherman and I don't like to polish, I want to cover my unpolished engine. It's a Coraddo G60 with the charger removed (now turbo powered). I want to remove the AC and drop the alternator down. Does anyone know of a stock alternator bracket that I can use. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanx, Jim

I have a PG 1.8 Coraddo engine with the charger removed. I want to drop the alternator down. Does anyone know of a stock VW bracket that will work??? Thanx, Jim

I bought a hood lift kit from ebay, however the instructions were in German. I did a Google search and it brought me to a discussion on this site where someone had translated them into English. Very helpful!!! A picture is worth a 1000 words. (1) Just slide the safety lock back so you don't drop it on the the floor like me. (2) Replace front hood bolt with ball joint. (3) Drill mount hole 2-1/2" ahead of fender bolt as shown. (4) Bolt and snap together and it works just great. Thanx to all you who add so much helpful information to this site.

MK III header adapted to fit MK I. It was surprisingly easy to do! We cut off the flange on top and the collector on the bottom and heated the flattened tubes, rounded them and flipped them end for end. A little trimming to adjust the angle an adapter and a spun cat, done! Hope this helps.

PLEASE!! I need some expert advice. I'm getting a little engine oil in my water. It is not the oil cooler since it has been changed to an oil to air cooler. I ran a compression test and all is within tolerance. I also re torqued the head. So far little success. I'm thinking head gasket. Has anyone had the same problem? Thanx for any help. Jim

headgasket sounds very likely Jim

Thanx for the response. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and than did the gasket fix it?