Thread: caddy van lowering

caddy van lowering

right hi every one ,i am new to the vw game so will be asking a lot of questions lol

i have just brought a v reg 1.6 caddy van
    few questions
    1. what do they call it and what other model stuff is changeable
    2 . the main one ,at some point i will be doing a sound install but want to lower this silly whats the best thing to use
    the kit in the shop or try and get a airbag kit
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dips346 View Post
    right hi every one ,i am new to the vw game so will be asking a lot of questions lol

i have just brought a v reg 1.6 caddy van
    few questions
    1. what do they call it and what other model stuff is changeable
    2 . the main one ,at some point i will be doing a sound install but want to lower this silly whats the best thing to use
    the kit in the shop or try and get a airbag kit
    thanks
    These questions have been covered before many times in some cases. I once had a 3000watt system in a caddy van and the weight of the sub boxes brought the back end of the caddy down without any lowering kit!! What sort of size are you thinking? For everyday use the kit is better than bags probably with shackles on the back to sort out a good height. If you do a quick search there are a fair few bits that are interchangeable with the caddy van. The easiest being a polo classic 6k chassis. Your van is a 9k chassis caddy van

you need to flip the rear axle on a caddy, as above have a search about loads of info on the forum

Mine's rolling about 500-600kg of audio in the back...axle flip without shackles was way too low to drive. Axle flip with extended shackles is just about OK

thing is not sure what i am going to do with it 100% yet but would have liked a option of setting ride height if outer plans change in the future ,hence why i was thinking about coilovers or air for the rear