Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: V-Maxx Coilovers vs Budgets comparison

V-Maxx Coilovers vs Budgets comparison

A lot of talk is branded around the interweb (mostly BS) about the differences between Vmaxx and the cheaper coilovers out there!

So as a V-Maxx dealer and a retailer of TA-Technix I thought I should set the record straight.

The point of this thread is not to "big up" Vmaxx, but to show the TRUE differences between them as a lot of people are claiming they are exactly the same when they are not even manufacturered by the same company!

Overview

In this picture you will notice that the Vmaxx's come with camber bolts, you need to use the original camber bolts with the TA coilovers, but to be honest it doesnt work out to well due to the poor forming on the clamp!

Difficult to show in the pic here, but the Vmaxx welds are far superior

Again the difference in manufacturing & quality shows through

In this picture you can see that the Vmaxx's have a courser, deeper thread and thicker locking rings

One of the worst bits of budget coilovers is the dust cap, it doesnt slip over the body very well and they tend to crimp and eventually crack

More vibrant powder coat on the Vmaxx

As you can see the Vmaxx Coilovers are better everywhere and are clearly not the same as some people claim saying that, theres nothing wrong in using the cheaper coilovers, but atleast now you all have an insight to the differences when you make your choice
    Last edited by Al; 14-04-2010 at 11:08 AM.

How do they differ in stiffness?

The budgets crash around a bit more, where as the vmaxx are more supple

The TA Technix are fine for bombing around in but dont expect great performance from them!

I cant coment on cheaper chinese made (ebay) coilovers as I havent compared them, but I would imagine they are simular or worse than the TA's

In the case of coilovers, you DO get what you pay for
    Last edited by Al; 14-04-2010 at 11:11 AM.

I got paid this weekend and have been looking into coilovers. Took me ages to find this thread again!
    Can it be made a sticky as its very informative but i doubt anyone sees it

Mk1 Caddy Sport
    http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...061#post396061

...I'd prefer something fun and exciting sliding around at 40mph than something that will do 180 and relies on computers to keep it from leaving every roundabout backwards.

v-maxx are around £100 more than the TA-technix but when you consider that a set of oem struts would cost around the same if not more than the TA`s then there a bargain ..............didnt mean to necro post but the price range is quite wide between them
    Last edited by chrissy_snaith; 11-12-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Try pro sport coilovers..

They are the new name for Jamex
    Last edited by Al; 23-06-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olstar View Post
    Try pro sport coilovers..

They are the new name for Jamex

www.coiloversdirect.co.uk
    £169.99, not bad if they are any good
    Mk1 '91 1.6 GTD build so far...

Any idea which has better comfort? The Budget or the VMaxx? Can their damping be adjusted?

You get what you pay for.Thats goes the for pretty much any parts you buy.

Were can i get the V-Max lowering kit from for a 2011 2.0 tdi?

Seen a lowering kit on ebay but not much info on there listing.

Martin
    2011 caddy 140bhp,Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Vehicle Remapping View Post
    Were can i get the V-Max lowering kit from for a 2011 2.0 tdi?

Seen a lowering kit on ebay but not much info on there listing.

Martin
    Have a look in the caddy shop fella

http://www.justcaddys.com/
    Alan says: Selling the $hit in the garage pays for new toys

good info ta

Hello all,
    thanks for the informative posts about lowering. had my caddy a while and am thinking about lowering it but don't want to lose too much in the ride quality.
    do the v max give a good ride?

Quote Originally Posted by shroud View Post
    Hello all,
    thanks for the informative posts about lowering. had my caddy a while and am thinking about lowering it but don't want to lose too much in the ride quality.
    do the v max give a good ride?
    Yes they do, but to be honest the T/A Technix Blue Line are not far off

Blue Line
    Attached Images Attached Images

coilies

Thanks Al

What are the differences between the Blue and Red T/A Technix Coilovers. Im heading in the V-Max Direction but I keep noticing these TA's and the cost savings could go to more engine mods. Any suggestions and prices ?

I recently bought the Technix blue lines from The Just Caddy Shop and am massively impressed with them and the ride quality, and cheap as at £135 delivered, oh and arrived in a couple of days, they get the thumbs up from me

Just got some Weitec for my caddy(made by KW) so hoping the insides are the same with cheaper body, there also rebound adjustable. Currently have v-maxx which I'm pleased with but feel the old VR lump is a bit heavy for them so gonna try the Weitec's which have high rated springs for the extra weight.

I posted some pics on my caddy blog about fitting the blue lines (I think I fitted the right anyway lol) http://www.dubcaddy.blogspot.com

if I fitted the v maxx or any other coil over kit to my caddy van and I set it to the highest setting would this be the same height as standard suspension as I want to fit this to the front and at a later date do a axle flip as cant afford to do both at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by bulliporker View Post
    if I fitted the v maxx or any other coil over kit to my caddy van and I set it to the highest setting would this be the same height as standard suspension as I want to fit this to the front and at a later date do a axle flip as cant afford to do both at the same time
    If you wind Vmaxx's right up it will be slightly lower than std. But yes you can get away with it until you lower the rear