Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 238

Thread: Big Plans Small Budget

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    185
    Wow, haven't updated this in a while....

    No excuses, just pics.... Will answer any questions later


































  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    west midlands
    Posts
    3,772
    is this the vw count competition?

    i think i saw 6!

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by whelp View Post
    is this the vw count competition?

    i think i saw 6!
    Mk1 caddy - long term project
    Mk2 gti silver - doner car
    Mk2 gti red/blue - track car
    Mk3 - daily for the missus
    Mk4 bora - my daily diesesel

    :-) xx

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    9,719
    nice

    i got a mk1 caddy project, mk3 for the misses and a A4 as a daily... have always wanted a mk2 as well...
    Mk1 '91 1.6 GTD build so far...

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    kettering, nothamptonshire
    Posts
    756
    Is that a wooden floor looks sick with the tank like that well done fella!

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Posts
    2,441
    loving the wooden bed and fuel tank! very hot rod!

    -

    -
    MK1 VW Caddy - 1.9 GTD - K14 turbo - GTD pump - FMIC - 2.5" straight through exhaust - smokin' !


  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    swansea
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    here is my caddy, outside will be staying the sameish but bay is being smoothed
    so many builds have start with such small plans but end up this way. im loving the bed though. i was thinking of something similar to that for my tank. now though i think im going new original bed :P
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    23
    nice project man! Keep us posted!

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Co. Meath Ireland
    Posts
    418
    Epic project keep it up

    I want the ford pop

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by craig2001 View Post
    so many builds have start with such small plans but end up this way. im loving the bed though. i was thinking of something similar to that for my tank. now though i think im going new original bed :P
    It'll still look like a caddy from the outside and standard bar the wheels and hight :-)

    Still small budget too. Spent less than 1k including the truck ;-) lol

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Witham, Essex
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Still small budget too. Spent less than 1k including the truck ;-) lol
    Thats alright if you have a set up like you clearly have!!

    I envy you lot on here with your big garages or workshops full of machinery and stuff, means you can REALLY go to town!

    I've already overstayed my welcome on my girlfriends parents drive! What was going to be six weeks has turned into 7 months and counting!

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sheffield but originally New York
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneo View Post
    Thats alright if you have a set up like you clearly have!!

    I envy you lot on here with your big garages or workshops full of machinery and stuff, means you can REALLY go to town!

    I've already overstayed my welcome on my girlfriends parents drive! What was going to be six weeks has turned into 7 months and counting!
    Completely agree haha i have to take breaks when ever it rains which seems to be 90% of the time in the uk lol and as soon as it goes dark gotta go back in which is about 4 pm lately. Do completely envy him

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in wiffy viral quarantine
    Posts
    15,674
    Holy sh1t!

    good work!

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Witham, Essex
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by kidedwin View Post
    Completely agree haha i have to take breaks when ever it rains which seems to be 90% of the time in the uk lol and as soon as it goes dark gotta go back in which is about 4 pm lately. Do completely envy him
    .....and the 3-4 jumpers I sometimes have to wear to stop the uncontrolable shivering whilst trying to work under the makeshift tarpaulin shelter thats been chased across the neighbours gardens on at least 2 occasions!

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    185
    Caddy is taking a back seat for a month or two.

    well then....

    mk3 - story so far..

    M.O.T failure, failed on, 3 things on rear shocks, 3 emmisions, steering arm and rear trailing arm bushes...

    put a spare set of shocks on (koni)
    replacing exhaust when i can but i went through the emmisions second time with a quick service and a good run just before mot
    bushes are actually fine (tester was having a bad day)
    steering being sorted payday along with coilovers


    got a set of 14" bbs with the car so set about giving them a quick paint







    then i numpty asked if i wanted to sell em, jokingly said yea £120 and they are yours...

    he accepted

    so took that money and bought the RAs i wanted












    on another subject, found some pictures of my caddy from the 2nd owner (im no4 and i know no3)








    and one last thing, if you own a lowered car DO NOT lend it to your dad and if you do tell him not to go over speed bumps...


  16. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Co. Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    195
    ouch!!

    caddy is looking sweet

  17. #57
    dart_06 Guest
    really looking forward to seeing where this goes!! any more pics of your bed floor?

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by dart_06 View Post
    really looking forward to seeing where this goes!! any more pics of your bed floor?

    Not as of yet, all the pics I have look kinda the same


    Got some more done on the mk2 yesterday, finally got the seats mounted. Look a bit high but a nice driving position. Will prob make up another subframe that's lower but this one will do for now :-)







    Also I've nearly finished the wiring :-)

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    185
    Lowered the mk3













    Also put some pipe on the exhaust to annoy her :-)

    Just want to sort the interior now

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    185
    oh hello, here are some random pictures...



















    any questions welcome

    Phil

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •