Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1282

Thread: Passion but no ideas project.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    Sexy carbon splitter
    Have to agree,well pleased with the front end,length of black plastic an hour on the lathe and made these pair to mount the front plate,just a smidgeon of epoxy to bond the self tappers and the jobs a good-un

Last edited by Fisherman; 08-01-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Quite a bit of work going on but not a lot to show for it,new stainless track rod ends fitted,not quite straightforward the track rod arms had to be shortened also tidied up the wear and tear a bit

New plate fitted on the brackets I made up well pleased all looking very slick

Doorcards now fastened by anodised capheads rather than the standard black ones I used initially (which rapidly rusted)

Back to the original golfball gear knob and machined up a gearstick sleeve out of some black plastic to compliment it

Also ripped out all the ignition wiring and redone,update tomorrow

looking good mate! did the dynomat make much difference?

Dynomat,to be honest its noisy,maybe a slight bit better I reckon.

Anyway not all went to plan I crossed a couple of wires which resulted in an extra couple of hours replacing melted wires,and after trying everything else the reason I haven't been able to start her turned out to be the hall unit in the distributor this was duly replaced and a customary polish of the dizzy before refitting and she's now up and running,before and after pics really don't show it too well

Also took the oil pressure sender off the head and located it on the oil filter housing since changing the bottom end to a 2.0 I have only had 1 bar of pressure when its warmed up this is because of different oil ways in the block,I have been reliably informed ,on the run to Exeter today I had ease of mind with a constant 4 to 5 bar of pressure,and another + it looks tidier

And a shot of both today

Good to meet you briefly on Saturday bud, via the most random chain of events - we were supposed to be taking the Tavistock road out of Plymouth, missed the turn and hit Devonport so I thought as it's nice we'll go on the Torpoint Ferry, then I thought I'd trace old steps and take the Trerulefoot run and finally ended up n Looe, which was much busy than I thought it was.

Mrs Cheeseman wanted to see your truck and is mightily impressed, we were whizzing through your thread and all of a sudden she spotted the naked lady in your build......

Bit worried that my wife spots her and none of the other pervs on here did.....

Here she is.....

nearly.

Fuck me Reg just got back from the last act "Mad Dog Macrea" with one or two of those "Cornish ciders " aboard and find you have found out my secret "inflatable friend" for fucks sake don't let the Mrs know !!!!

Good weekend Mr Bond?

Cheers for the offer of shotgun on Worthersee, at least it opened up negotiations on the issue.....

Seems like you made a decent impression on the missus, she said you seemed like a really decent bloke.

Cracking weekend Reg,

Ben is wanting to take his mk1 so its an option (early days yet) ?

Obviously a good judge of character she chose you after all

chose?

nah, a sucker for tragic cases more like.

So debatable whether to post on this thread or the Series 1 thread,bored so a resume of whats been happening in my world,the other one has gone nowhere as Bens Mk1s spruce up has turned into a full body overhaul and respray new rear panel and new rear wings

So most time has been spent sanding and prepping,in-between time was asked by Beany if i could make him a reverse clutch cable fitting so knocked a couple up,one for Ben to fit aswell

Also with the forthcoming Worthersee trip coming up thought I better sort out the Porsche door handle locks so they lock on the key aswell,simply a matter of taking the barrels out and dremmelling off a bit of the inner sleeve enabling the barrel to go in 3mm further

When I picked up my new seats (yet to be revealed) Louis gave me this little beauty,so duly fitted

Dismantled all the rear to centralise the rear axle renewed bushes at the same time,tools to press the old bushes out

Since the engine rebuild the starter has struggled with the extra compression so got a bigger starter,unfortunately the the body was physically longer so the innards couldn't be rebuilt in the chrome casing so I stripped it polished the parts and had them chromed so new starter

Also had to mill out the spring brackets to allow for the axle re-aligning

Quite a lot of other parts that have been repolished and rechromed due to wear and tear also found a company that chromes ali so a few bits with them for finishing !

No money being earnt from fishing these days,so plenty of time on my hands,plenty going on in the workshop and what else but a bit of polishing,"has the penny dropped now George"

How do you stop your polished steel from corroding bondy?

Polished steel is easy ,just get it chromed ! Its the polished ali that takes some looking after !

pics not working Dave, put 50p in the meter

Don't seem to be able to get on to bucket Al,same last week did a 2 minute video for Mick,but it wouldn't upload,Ill try again tomorrow !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Don't seem to be able to get on to bucket Al,same last week did a 2 minute video for Mick,but it wouldn't upload,Ill try again tomorrow !
    use the forum uploader Dave, saves you having to host them

Repairs complete,dressed and tidied welds epoxied and stone chipped ,refitted freshly powder coated springs,new bushes,cleaned up fuel tank and went with stonechip (the chrome powder coat wasn't wearing well) refitted tank with stainless straps and webbing rubbing straps,polished exhaust, just the rear beam to touch up and refit the tailpipe

Urgggh that's minging, all black and non shiny, hope you're not going to shame the caddy forum across europe with your non mirror-like undersides.

The inside of your exhaust needs a polish too.

Are the GAZ shocks new or you've done well to keep them tidy, they seem to rust if you look at them - how have you found them?