Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Passion but no ideas project.

sweet tailgate!

-

-
    MK1 VW Caddy - 1.9 GTD - K14 turbo - GTD pump - FMIC - 2.5" straight through exhaust - smokin' !

WOW never seen this before! awsome work man keep us posted! i see that 8v lump in the previous mk1, awsome piece of kit!

A bit of an update first off the bed and bulkhead work ongoing hopefully tomorrow make up one of those bed sanding blocks,before going to workshop!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

First off a couple of pics under the bed then after 1st coat of underseal ran out so more to go on when the suppliers re-open after new year.

I know there is no bolt hole in the last pic that is a new plate as it was rather thin,so still to be drilled,really pleased I took the time to scrape off the bottom 1st,very pleased with the way its coming up.

nice job mate, will look great when finished!

Port wing off plenty of tidying up and a couple of holes to be welded before replacing.....looking at that dimple !!! love it !!!

And if you dont think that Ive done much a few photos of what I was doing on boxing day unfortunatly the fishing was rubbish

Crap day today struggled to get into it, made a sanding block for the bed works a treat then cleaned of the seam sealer from under the cab section this was pretty good really now all we need is some more underseal and I can start getting the springs,petrol tank and that back together.On the subject of the petrol tank I bought some stainless tank straps off the bay,still havent got them ? anybody else got these ? or had a similar problem ? lucky I kept the old ones and cleaned them up !! Pictures a bit repetetive but keeps it up to date.

mate this looks like its going to be quality, that engine is incredible cant wait to see that in and finished off!

Thanks for the positive comments every one seems to make you raise the bar a little,its also great to see the other builds that are going on wish my boys had the same dedication as Curtis ,Bad Boy and the others...inspirational !!!

Well going into the New Year and managed to get the shultz on.

And then this afternoon started putting the springs and axle back together ,now that feels really good seeing it start to go the other way.

love the underneath looks verry clean

But then the next move of putting on one the rear wheels to see if we needed to do some arch work ??? What do you think??? looking like the search button for the best way to extend arches !!
    Anyway wont worry about that its time to don the costume for tonight and get ratassed. Happy New Year !!!

Here is some tip on how to do arch extensions: http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.php?t=25139&page=9

Thanks for that Mitzu I read this one but I think its the front arches he has widened, the back arches look like they have been made good rather than widened, just seen the post up from this, narrowing the axle, think that would be the way to go as I dont want the arches to be stupidly big, what I really need to know is how close realisticly I can take the inside of the rim to the back of the arch in other words how much to narrow axle, I am thinking maybe an 1 3/4" each side hopefully that will give sufficient clearance inside the wheel. Cheers

but I think its the front arches he has widened, the back arches look like they have been made good rather than widened,
    nah, it's widened all round by the same method, 25mm on the front and 50mm at the back.

without knowing your et its hard to say but i have et33 7j wheels and i could shorten my axle about 2.5 inches easily either side (which is one of my plans) so 1 £/4 shouldnt be a problem

Mate this looks sweet, i have done the same in my bay but having run out of time and also being very inexperianced i ended up taking it to the spray shop and asked them to finish it off. and to be honest they did a shabby job!! also im now trying to fit a 20vt having never changed an engine in my life, ha all good fun

Keep up the good work!