Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Passion but no ideas project.

motor looks very nice. Not so sure I'm into so much chrome but I'm def into the performance figures Got any proof of 176bhp any idea which cams in there and what head works been done. It'll make a fearsom noise running that carb set up. Neat

Steve

nice engine... this is gonna be nice when finished... If you ever want to sell your 13's i may be very interested ok??

When I am sure the BBSs are going to be ok I will be selling the 13" comps .Everybody likes to post their daily well heres mine, my 2nd audi just luv it but when the caddy is finished I have to hand it over to the Mrs part of the deal
    The good news is under all the seam sealer its mint ,so why am I scraping everything off ? Then today I decide to do in the cab start on the floorpan its got like roofing felt glued to it what a job! why dont I just leave it again its mint underneath,but no just got to get it off and I know when its done and sprayed the same stuff will probably be going back in ? Also why is there an issue with chequebooks I am spending a huge amount of time on mine and it still seems to be costing a fortune as well !!!
    Well heres a few more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bad weather

Poor weather no fishing no money but the caddy gets more attention,moving in the right direction!

All the sound proofing out,lesson learnt when the caddy was shot blasted they blew it over with a quick coat of primer which aint no good when they prime everything which meant having to get the soundproofing off, a few hours with the heat gun and a scraper followed by some solvent and plenty of rags have to say its come up pretty clean as you can see 1 hole revealed, put up with that !!

Bought a shell so I could salvage a few body bits that need replacing, passenger door,window,windscreen bulkhead panel, some bed sectionand a couple of sill sections,then down the hill to the scrapyard,this is not an advert but anybody see something they need from whats left they are welcome.The engine bay is getting close decided that I am going to have a stainless expansion tank so the bracket is now off ! As you can see welded and filled a few of the holes in the front crossmember ,and cleaned up,rolled the rear wheelarch, slowly but surely coming on???

Dust bogeys

So Sunday was spent building dust bogeys from the rear wheel arches, good fun, looks a lot better smoother even though I know they are going to be sprayed with underseal when Ive done. It should look a lot better than the trowel finished seam sealer.Dremmel comes in handy for all the hard to get at corners, feel like a dentist.I have never met Curtis but hes got a lot to answer for, it wont be as good as his, but it will be better than I first set out to achieve,I hope.

Fabrication

Well as you are all aware by now I am no mechanic but I do have connections namely an uncle who was a chief engineer in the merchant navy and he just happens to have a workshop to die for as you will see by some of the pics, the wooden shed is known as the **** shed that has the polishing machines in it,the other picture shows the lathe room,and for those of you that are into bikes,feast your eyes on 3 Vincent Rapides an A C & D Series the B series one is at his daughters in France,anyway, where is this going ,well I know its not much but the other 2 pics show a bit of gash stainless that was kicking around in my store surplus from my old boat, and I decided with the help of unc's tool shop to use the gash to make some new drop plates for the rear leaf spring mounts,I have shown the beauty's that were there before,(up for sale on ebay) .

And more

The other photos to go with previous post.P1010543.JPG

P1010544.JPG

P1010545.JPG

Nobodies talking to me,is it cause Im over 50,never mind keep posting the updates,gave the bay a coat of silver to show up how much was still to do, sure enough plenty!!! so yet again carried on rubbing down!

Also got some more of the welding done ,front of back arches,not brilliant but functional!

And finally the customary question,with probably the obvious answer,I have a bigger servo it came off a lefthand GTI,I intend to cut the shaft down and adapt to fit my existing servo box,there should be no problem ???

Sorry forgot to add the last picture, getting better though managed to do this update without the youngests help.

still working hard i need so sort mine out soon im just being lazy now.

Its something to do when the weather is crap,I bought it back in May but through the summer I was fully booked taking people wreck fishing and sharking I think I was only in from sea 5 days in 4 months so not much got done,complete turn around now I am commercial fishing when we can get out we go early 5 or 6 am and usually manage to get done by early afternoon,so that gives me a lot more time to work on her.I know if I dont do it and the weather settles down I will be at sea every day so it will come to a grinding halt.Dont want that to happen!!

Looks a gooden mate, had a bit of a look over it when i picked up that engine off half asleep Lee the other day (Engine looks pretty good by the way, slightly daunted by the thought of putting it in tho :S need to find a loom somewhere and work out what the hell to do with it! ). Ya engine bay looks well nice n clean, jealous!!

Thanks for that,now you know who Lee is you can see how hard I have to work to get anything done! but it will get there in the end.The engine should be a good un Andy the previous owner was no fool,I think hes probably following this thread so if you need to ask anything I am sure he could help,
    Cheers

Had trouble posting lately but seems to have been sorted,not much done last week as we were at sea for a change nice to earn a quid ?
    We were going to cut out the back panel and replace, but decided against it as it would have meant a lot of work for very little benefit so welded a length of angle along the inside and welded through to it,also cut out the rotten bed section and welded in a panel .(would have liked to renew whole bed but you have to draw the line somewhere) the rest is pretty good.
    Took a step backwards in the engine bay but hopefully the next coat of primer will be the last,unbelievable the hours that have been spent on it !!
    Heres a few more pics.

Just a couple of others, door stripping in progress, and the powdercoated petrol tank and the rough gold nugget!

Really cool build thread dude... keep going its going to be sweet!