Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Passion but no ideas project.

Looking good man! Not far to go at all now!!

Rapid jealous of your progress!

Workshop therapy..... men need to 'potter', as soon as this is recognised medically the better.

I spend a couple of hours just chilling, of an evening, and the world is a much better place.

And in your case, the results are looking really good.

(just need something to sort out your colourblindness now)
    Last edited by regcheeseman; 26-03-2010 at 09:02 AM.

this is an awesome build mate Love those wheels that you had on it when you first got it! Make's me think selling my mint tailgate was a little bit silly What did you do with your chassis number when you cut that bit of your bulkhead out?
    cheers matt

You got to realise that being a fisherman everything in my world is blue.

Truth is havent got a clue the chassis plate has got to be redone if thats possible as it got quite a pasting from the sand blasting,still legible but only just,does anybody know if its possible to have them remade ?

No 2 son came in on the build today by starting on the wiring,I really should have more faith cause by 6pm I was pretty impressed with what he had done,didnt take any pics but will update over the weekend.

looking really nice now, chrome engine goes nice with the blue.. gotta get me a garage so i can do mine now, this thread has really inspired me, great work.. can you pm me a price for the 13's

keep up the good work it will be nice to see this at some shows

oh my cracking work buddy!

BobbieGreen Guest
    Beautiful....

Well been spending quite a bit of time on her but not getting far ,fiddly jobs and trying to clean over spray off everything,like I said no2 son attempting electrics,I told him to use what was there like every good boy decided he knows best so hes built his own fuse box,most everything is working so all is not lost yet but I think he will need a bit of help tying up the loose ends,its not bad considering hes never done anything like this before,we will see. Couple of shots from underneath ,1 shows home made clutch cable clip,renewed all drive shaft boots before refitting,loved that job!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fitted the wiper motor and all the mechanisms,pleased with the result,also cut the throttle cable down machined a new stainless cup for the end and all connected.Finally a couple of pics of the back end finished the offside rear reversing light has been replaced with a red LED bulb and wired as separate fog light......Getting there !!!

If you use a MK 3 (maybe 2) wiper motor you can loose that bracket, though too late now I guess?

Loving the Schrick head, the chrome brake servo, and the polished gearbox, very nice with the colour you have chosen.

Rear view with flat glass simply spot on.

Sorry but not feeling those red and blue hose ends - crying out to be black IMHO.
    Looks like a pick up, drives like something else!

how the hell did you get the engine in without scratching anything? carpet on the sides? loads of rags?

Put it in the pit rolled the caddy back over ,chains down through engine bay and hoisted it up from underneath !

Bit repetetive lots of small fiddly jobs and running around trying to get bits,the doors nearly finished what a struggle trying to find nuts to go on the inside of the door to fasten remote wing mirrors,got a pair of windscreen wiper nuts off an old polo at the scrappers a mile down the road but these were a touch small so down uncles to see if we could make them the next size up he had a look opened a draw and found the next size nuts on a couple of door handles,problem solved,to think I nearly went for a new pair of fixed flags, then spotted a set of these on ebay starting price £35 so down to uncles soaked the seized remote mechanism for 2 days thats now working like new,keyed up the wing mirrors bit of primer followed by 4 coats of matt black,same with the wipers all looking like new.Totally agree about the red fittings,I can put up with the blue so its a case of changing the red to black £48 to buy new or I think its going to be a case of keying them and matt black spray,sorry to all the perfectionists.
    Did I really need to buy the BBS ???

Getting there now, nice one.
    Last edited by regcheeseman; 06-04-2010 at 11:58 PM.

not being funny but i think your steering arms are in the hub the wrong way up,might be worth checking

I think your probably right, just been through 100s of threads cant see a pic anywhere,didnt think it was right when I did it,but Im blaming this one on Lee sure he told me to do it this way,will check in the manual tomorrow.
    As I have said before the thread title says it all,have a good on me .

Nah - I reckon you've got them in right. Bolt on the underside.

If I'm wrong, then my four mk1's have all been wrong too.

I remember cos the way to shift them is to slacken the nut, put a jack on the nut and jack it a bit - then larrap the hub arm with a hammer.

Thanks Reg thats exactly how Lee explained it to me,using the jack to get them off and all,but I do agree it doesnt look right Im sure on some different makes they are the other way round .