Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Passion but no ideas project.

Passion but no ideas project.

Well been thinking about putting my inexperience on show, didnt take pictures of what we started with, but this is after shot blasting and progress so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well been thinking about putting my inexperience on show, didnt take pictures of what we started with, but this is after shot blasting and progress so far.
    continued.

continued 2.

Good work going on here - keep it rockin'

looks sweet man i wish i had a unit to that to mine.

RST Guest
    Loking good so far.

If you lack inspiration just use the forum search and tinternet. Excuse the sound but I found this complilation by accident -might give you some ideas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0_NZ...om=PL&index=12

looking good!

just strip and see what is going on
    see how deep the rabbit hole goes!

if you like euro-style im shure you will find some inspiration!

Maybe I should have left the S off ideas, I pretty much know what I want to achieve its just the technical knowhow to get the finished result, hence some of the niave questions I have asked,but no two ways about it the hours of reading this forum are certainly an education,and helping me,for instance todays thread about cab heating I also was thinking about a 12volt heater but its now obvious that isnt an option and I should be looking at the eberchwacker route, incidently thats what I use for the boat heating, but still waiting to see other options come up?
    I have to say also that my stepson is doing all the welding and spraying so its not a completely amatuer set up only my half! if only he was as keen as me it would be finished but then I suppose he isnt the one who gets to drive it,I have got most of the stuff together for the rebuild once the welding and respray are complete and will get some pictures posted of the bits that will be used.

Plenty of work under the caddy scraping off seam sealer but the metal is like new!

Engine bay progress!

Back axle cleaned and sprayed drums powdercoated!

These are the bbs's just had to try them!

And finally a few bits steering rack ,radiator cowling etc all cleaned painted rubbers renewed ready for re-assembly

Looking really good ... looking forward to seeing end result.. are they the wheels you got with it???

No just got them 15" still got the 13" compomotives not sure what to do yet but these bbs s are awesome

liking your rear axle flip "blocks"!

-

-
    MK1 VW Caddy - 1.9 GTD - K14 turbo - GTD pump - FMIC - 2.5" straight through exhaust - smokin' !

Look,s good,What engine you putting in it.

The engine when I bought it was a 8 valve, it also came with a 1800 16 valve that Andy the previous owner was going to fit, I then started to look at getting that engine chromed and rebuilt ,when looking into that I came across a 1800 8valve rebored to 1900, mahle pistons,schrick cam rebuilt head,well to put it bluntly the boll-cks,and on weighing it up probably cheaper to buy than trying to achieve that with the 16 valve I already had, so I did the deal and its sitting in a warm garage waiting to slot in, the engine that came out has already sold and the 16 valve 1800 kr is still for sale.The new engine is developing 176 bhp so should be ample powerful enough to get me to the fish quay and back dont you think!!!

Heres a few pictures of the engine sure it will look a lot better when fully assembled and in the bay!!!