Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jersey caddy..

an update at last..

HI peeps,

My last update was back late 2010 and up until May 2012 nothing notable had been achieved. Following on from completing the pickup bed and all welding in of new panels / bulkhead and new pickup bed I decided to outsource the filling and painting.. I figured given the work put it that it deserved a decent paint job..

It was to be completed on the side with a guy I knew who thought it would be done within 6 months.. 18 months later and it was basically being used as a skip in his workshop.. but he did store it for me for that long for free..!

May this year and the guys decided to outsource some of the work to a neighbouring business, they started stripping it out some more and doing the filling on the long sides, at this point I got involved and helped with bodywork to help reduce the cost..

Here it is after I saw it for the first time in 18 months.

A coat of primer was used and a light spraying of black as a guide coat..

The next few are the progress through sanding on door shuts / bonnet / engine bay / sides etc..

and here is my sexy pickup bed looking grrrr eaaatttt!!

After a good week of panel work some painting began, firstly with the engine bay...

In the spray booth..

At this point my chosen colour is given away..! but it does look great in paint.. This is just out of the gun as majority will be covered but still a fantastic standard. Hope you like..

The remaining bits of painting were done over the next few days, this was 2 weeks ago..

Teaser...

and a bit more..

and heres my sexy side..

Out of the booth and into real light..

More to come...

That finish is amazing! Love the colour too.

looking lovely!

Wink

So........

The caddy has suspension bolted back on and was rolled out the booth into the workshop, it looks really different in the sun as well.

At this point the shell was polished (2 days after paint) and the bonnet, rear quarter lights, genuine front wings and doors painted in the booth before being bolted on..!!

The pickup bed I originally decided would be painted 2pak and have the same finish as the outer body but a change of heart / vehicle use and life priorities means that if im keeping it, it will have to earn its keep with garden waste at home, carrying stuff etc so I decided to go with a tintable painton bed liner..

Very little info is around about this stuff but I am SO pleased with how its turned out, plus it will not fade with UV, seals all seams in the bed, has a shine and hard as nails in a non slip manner as well!

What do you think?

LAst update for the time being is the finished polished completed shell, this set of photos ending with its trip back to my workshop.. Im going to leave it a few weeks as ive just become a dad and have to focus my efforts on mini-me - not that Id want to do anything else..

Shiney:

Loaded up:

On its way home:

Happy leaving it in the workshop as the paint will harden which is a good thing..

Next up will be detailing the suspension / shultzing the underneath / running new brake and fuel lines / repair fuel tank / anything else that happens underneath.. Id like to make this a rolling shell before attempting the electrics and motor..!

All comments welcome - much love..

Andy

So after life priorities took over I've recently started the project again....

Pics to follow over the next few weeks as I progress it along.

Cheers Andy

looks awesome mate! good job

what motor are you planning on putting in?

It's just had a 20v put in it with 02j and a qpeng loom. She runs - just need to sort my turbo pipes / exhaust and rad header before i can give it a drive...