Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Worthingcaddys Mk1 VR6 Turbo

caddyrage, do i have to fit a fuel pump relay in my fuse box when i put the new loom in? or will it use one of the ones already in there? also i have for sale i brand new chrome window trim and seal ( the seal is not new) , a dash with a clock instead of rev with about 90,000 on it so if anyonw wants them let me know

So what method did you use for fitting the rear discs?
    And did you swap the calipers over so the handbrake cable worked?

CADDY UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

i dont have the means of tapping and i just couldnt be arsed so i cut the end plate off the mk3 golf axle that had the bolt pattern on it and welded it on full power to the end of my axle and i run the top 2 bolts all the way through with nuts on the end too (trust me there is no way it will come off) and it passed mot like it. for the handbrake cables i just reran the cables straight to the calipers rather than round the curves and them made a spacer. il put pictures up when i can be bothered

Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    caddyrage, do i have to fit a fuel pump relay in my fuse box when i put the new loom in? or will it use one of the ones already in there?
    If your going to run the her using the original 16v ISV set up like i have then you'll need a number 67 relay(4 pin) in position 2 of the fuse panel.

If your going down the mk1 gti aux route to sort idling then you'll want a number 2 relay(5 pin) in position 2.

How much of the mk2 16v engine loom did you get???

im getting the loom off craig petty , i am using the complete 16v fuel pump setup.

i miss read that totally, im using the kr isv not sure how much loom i have because i dont have it yet .

i miss read that totally, im using the kr isv not sure how much loom i have because i dont have it yet .
    Same as my set up then so you'll need the isv control box and loom that sits in the mk2 golf centre console. Keep us updated on the loom you receive from mr petty.

anyone got one of these control boxes and looms for sale?

anyone got one of these control boxes and looms for sale?
    Yeah me

Have you got the engine loom yet? take pic of the fuse panel side of it showing the plugs if you have.

im getting one with the mk1 type connector. ( round pins)

i just received the wiring loom from craig its in good condition and i have wired a few bits in but there is a few connectors still to go, i will put some pics up of the left over bits and if anyone could help i would be very pleased.

do these two connectors have to be extended to reach the diaphram and other connector on the air box?

i recognise this but cant think where it goes looks like a relay shoul go on it or something?

im guessing red goes on coil + and black coil -

is this the connector that joins the isv?

?

if anyone can help i would much appreciate, i could guess where they go but i dont perticularly want a flaming caddy. cheers

ok then
    wiring pic 1.... yes, this goes to the parts on the airbox. extend it.
    I extended mine so it went round the front panel instead of going next to the exhaust.

pic 2... thats the plug for wiper motor. Wrong plug but needs extending anyway so use original loom for that bit.

pic 3.... yes, coil wires but i sure the reds go on minus not plus like you'd think it be.

pic 4... brown is an earth that bolts to top right corner of head(you can see it in pic). You will also want to put a earth strap there aswell and connect the other and to chassis(i used drip tray support bolt in middle)

pic 5..... long black wire to battery negative. I'll check others at weekend for you.

pic 6... large white plug is what connects the isv control box(did you get that?)
    brown/whites are earths. will check others but some are not needed

pic 7, not needed

no i dont have the isv control box? how much for yours?
    cheers for the answers

where does the fuel pump connect?

where does the fuel pump connect?
    Next to the fuel tank because its gravity fed. Place the pump so the infeed is slightly lower than the tank outfeed.

There's a small space between tank and cab wall that it will squeeze in

cheers but i mean where does it plug into fuse box/ loom?

Pin 14 on the black plug at the fusebox. Dont do it yet though as i'll check mine as i think there's another wire that connects to it aswell.