Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1434

Thread: Worthingcaddys Mk1 VR6 Turbo

What are they rated at WC

What's what rated at?

Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    I'm going higher because I'm feeling positive. 400 is the aim so allowing for a bit of disappointment 380hp
    what psi are you running or planning on?

8 days to go and i'm still dealing with bullshit. i need to replace the track rod end but call me stupid, never done one before. how do i get it off?

It's threaded on to the rack arm it should have some flats, clamp/put a spanner on the arm then undo the track rod end.
    Life is just a game we play!!

My build http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...er-cover-caddy

Problem I see is this looks clamped on. Doesn't look threaded to me?

It must be threaded at one end otherwise you wouldn't be able to adjust the tracking
    Life is just a game we play!!

My build http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...er-cover-caddy

Yeah annoyingly the other end is clearly threaded and has a lock nut where as the side I need to replace does not!

From memory, one side isn't adjustable and you have to change the whole rod. Aftermarket rods are adjustable though. Done well if it's lasted this long

FFS that's the conclusion I've come to. Haha yeah this is a genuine VW one so it's done 28 years

About to do them both on mine and fit new boots etc

I think its the passenger side thats non adjustable from factory

Well, the caddy still lives, it survived the rolling road but the Chinese turbo held it back. It made 301.4HP at the flywheel being held back by the Chinese turbo. it made more power when the boost was turned up more but the tuner said the turbo got way too hot and the engine started to det. Although it's a copy of a GT3582 the turbine housing is much smaller than a genuine Garrett so soon as I'm back from holiday I will order one. Shame it wasn't quite what I was hoping for but they said they expected around 400 so at least my guess wasn't totally out and it's just down to the crap turbo so easy to sort.

Still was cool getting it done and it's so much nicer to drive and sounds amazing! Couple of pics from the day.

Nice!!! I love this truck!

It's the way that at first glance, it looks absolutely spanking... But then when you look closely you can see it's not immaculate, it's got a couple of scuffs and patches like any cared for but well used truck should have, it's an 'honest' hard working truck.

But then if you got to see under its skin, you see that "oh, oh shit! It's a beast! And it is immaculate"

Don't ever re paint it ! At least not the outside !

Thanks man, there's no denying that it isn't pretty up close but it does add to the sleeper look.

I'd say that was a fair result - and what I had in mind when you described the power! 300hp in something that light is a lot, but you never said you were terrified all the time so I guessed it wasn't as much as 400.

What is good now is that you have identified the det and mapped to suit
    - that would have been deadly if left, so a great result and money very well spent

Hope to hear /see/ride some day

My advice, after going more than 300hp in a fwd is to think carefully. If you like it how it is now, don't push it too far into something that wheel spins all the time, breaks all the time and is no longer fun. I know that only you can make that choice, but imo there's definitely a sweet spot in cars about 300-400 hp

Maybe I just can't handle the powers
    Last edited by 13; 19-06-2017 at 10:52 AM.

totally agree mate and that's good advice. i do want more, but not much more. i want it to be wild but only slightly wilder than it is now. you going to action? i think i should make it this year

Ordered a brand new Genuine Garrett GTX3582R Gen 2 turbo yesterday. be sad to see the old chinese special go

So nothing actually wrong with the chinese turbo apart from it's potential.

Been thinking about getting a turbo for the van - bit of a choice going for new chinesium or used original.
    PHOTOBUCKET CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.

yeah i mean it works fine, the lag is bad but seeing as it's FWD that's not really too much of a bad thing. the main thing is it runs out of steam at 300hp rather than 800hp that the garrett can make.