Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75
Results 1,481 to 1,497 of 1497

Thread: Worthingcaddys Mk1 VR6 Turbo

  1. #1481
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,484
    Thanks mate, it's VHT wrinkle paint. like yourself i'm anti bling too i just haven't got round to it. planning on painting the lips of my wheels black too

  2. #1482
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,566
    Will give it a go! I have looked at crinkle powder coating too !!
    Life is just a game we play!!

    My build http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...er-cover-caddy

  3. #1483
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,484
    the main thing with the crinkle paint is make it as hot as possible! literlally have the heater on it constantly, as close as possible. and heat the fuck out of the part beofre you lay the paint on too

  4. #1484
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,566
    Ok will give it a go, heat gun on the ready
    Life is just a game we play!!

    My build http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...er-cover-caddy

  5. #1485
    Quote Originally Posted by tontoe View Post
    Ok will give it a go, heat gun on the ready
    Heat gun wont help much as it just dries the outside leaving the inside squidgy, which never dries properly. Whatever you paint need to be hot and kept hot until its baked on.

    With something like boost pipes, your better of closing one end with aluminium foil with some pencil holes punched in it, and run the heat gun on the inside at the other end
    Last edited by Al; 16-02-2018 at 10:51 AM.

  6. #1486
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,484
    The alloy pipes were too hot to pick up by hand before I started putting the paint down. I then sprayed it on, then had the heater sat on it until it was dry. You're meant to bake it in the oven but the pipe was too big!

  7. #1487
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    You're meant to bake it in the oven but the pipe was too big!
    My mate used the oven in the kitchen to bake some parts he'd just painted, however he didn't expect the Mrs to come home early and go mental at him and refused to make any meals until he got a new one.

    But at least he's got one in the garage now

  8. #1488
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Heat gun wont help much as it just dries the outside leaving the inside squidgy, which never dries properly. Whatever you paint need to be hot and kept hot until its baked on.

    With something like boost pipes, your better of closing one end with aluminium foil with some pencil holes punched in it, and run the heat gun on the inside at the other end
    That was my plan to heat them from the inside. Didn't think about blocking the other end slightly that will help
    Life is just a game we play!!

    My build http://www.vwcaddy.com/showthread.ph...er-cover-caddy

  9. #1489
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,484
    Personally, from my experience using crinkle paint id always put the heat directly on the paint. Heating the part first I'm sure helps but once it's warm, it stays warm from the heat being applied on the outside

  10. #1490
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    Personally, from my experience using crinkle paint id always put the heat directly on the paint. Heating the part first I'm sure helps but once it's warm, it stays warm from the heat being applied on the outside
    2nd that.

  11. #1491
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,484
    Update time. i've done a ton of jobs to improve the caddy, first job was sorting my silly wide rear wheels so i don't have any rubbing issues anymore, plus i don't want to run stretched tyre, fitted a swirl pot setup which i'm pretty chuffed with so i don't have fuel starvation problems. The nitrous setup is now all nicely plumbed into the fuel rail using a AN-4 line. Made a new turbo inlet pipe and painted it up and cleaned up that side of the bay, added a carbon pod filter thing, just so it looks fancy. Finally got a brake servo that sits the brake MC vertically rather than on the piss, i used a basic mk3 golf one that i got for a tenner to save on scene tax and modified it to suit. oh and a mate of mine made me a carbon radiator cover. Caddy is booked in at the tuners in just over a week so should see a ton more power.
    here's a load of pics to do the talking, god knows what order they will upload in though

    Photo 25-04-2018, 17 32 16.jpgPhoto 23-04-2018, 16 23 16.jpgPhoto 23-04-2018, 15 07 35.jpgPhoto 22-04-2018, 19 32 02.jpgPhoto 22-04-2018, 19 30 20.jpgPhoto 22-04-2018, 19 24 00.jpgPhoto 22-04-2018, 19 13 54.jpgPhoto 22-04-2018, 18 38 09.jpgPhoto 22-04-2018, 18 07 04.jpgPhoto 22-04-2018, 18 06 12.jpgPhoto 19-04-2018, 19 37 14.jpgPhoto 13-04-2018, 13 52 15.jpgPhoto 13-04-2018, 10 11 30.jpgPhoto 10-04-2018, 15 08 13.jpgPhoto 09-04-2018, 15 46 00.jpgPhoto 09-04-2018, 11 33 13.jpgPhoto 26-03-2018, 18 20 07.jpgPhoto 25-03-2018, 12 31 51.jpgPhoto 25-03-2018, 12 31 27.jpgPhoto 25-03-2018, 12 09 50.jpgPhoto 25-03-2018, 12 09 42.jpgPhoto 24-03-2018, 12 54 14.jpg

  12. #1492
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,484
    i'm pikcing up a new set of wheels for the caddy tomorrow so my OZ turbos will be up for sale if anyone is interested

  13. #1493
    Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    i'm pikcing up a new set of wheels for the caddy tomorrow so my OZ turbos will be up for sale if anyone is interested
    I see that on FB! I must admit they caught my eye but I dont have any Caddy funds at the mo.

    Whats the replacements then???

  14. #1494
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,484
    Got me a set of team dynamics pro race 1.2 complete with Toyo R888R tyres. Turns out I need a standard length axle again though, mines shortened 3 inches each side... don’t suppose you have one do you?

  15. #1495
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Arundel
    Posts
    612
    Ant, pretty sure I still have mine. its been flipped.
    Drop me a text tmro and I’ll check for you.

  16. #1496
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    worthing
    Posts
    4,484
    Ah man, that would be amazing! Thanks mate, will do!

  17. #1497
    Quote Originally Posted by worthingcaddy View Post
    Got me a set of team dynamics pro race 1.2 complete with Toyo R888R tyres. Turns out I need a standard length axle again though, mines shortened 3 inches each side... don’t suppose you have one do you?
    The only spare one I have is past its best, and its currently being reverse engineered!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •