Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Nobug's Caddy Project

Did you paint over the bed liner instead of tinting it for colour match? I was hoping to do a similar technique on one of my own projects after Al posted a ford up. Wasn't sure which would be better?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    Did you paint over the bed liner instead of tinting it for colour match? I was hoping to do a similar technique on one of my own projects after Al posted a ford up. Wasn't sure which would be better?
    I have pics of the tintable raptor that I did on a Jeep Comanche in midnight blue if your interested, also elroys bed is tinted raptor.

I'd be interested in that Al, I intend to do mine in tinted raptor

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    I sprayed a epoxy/sealer over the bed liner and sprayed a couple coats of color on it. Want it to be exact same color as the rest of the caddy.

Quote Originally Posted by nobug View Post
    I sprayed a epoxy/sealer over the bed liner and sprayed a couple coats of color on it. Want it to be exact same color as the rest of the caddy.
    Nobug, raptor tintable bed liner will be the same colour... you add base coat to the polyurethane mix and spray it on. If you chip it...it will be the base colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Nobug, raptor tintable bed liner will be the same colour... you add base coat to the polyurethane mix and spray it on. If you chip it...it will be the base colour.
    Interesting never heard of raptor.

Just found another product and picked some up, it is called Crystal Clear 2K Chip Guard just as the name states it is a 2 part clear chip guard that can be buffed, thinking on using it on the rockers and front apron.

https://www.dominionsureseal.com/pro...ip-guard-bcg4/

Picked up a spot welder, works awesome, wish I had picked one up years ago.....

Trying it out for the first time, playing with the settings.

what they look like from the back.

Starting 4 link build, had some brackets custom made, test fit is amazing, no gaps at all, waiting on some other parts to show up.
    I will be strengthening the rear channels and running coilovers on the rear.

Getting some work done on engine bay, prepping for paint.

More of the 4 link setup, test fit to get some measurements.

Looks quality nobug, will you be running a panard or watts linkage

Will be a panhard bar, that is partly the reason for the test fit, get some measurements for the bar and shocks/coilovers.

tubes installed to run wiring on both sides of engine compartment.

test fit with tires.

Coilovers arrived

more test fitting.

I did the engine bay on my caddy years ago with the tintable Raptor liner. It Turnned up a treat. Project "GAMBLER" page 2 towards the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful work as usual Nobug! Keep it up and you might just inspire me to finish my heap up.