Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 81...

My 81...

well, here are a few pictures of my 81 diesel- I still need to post some of the new headliner i installed. I have have also lowered it on weitec suspension and VWJERM's drop plates.. again, I'll try to get some pictures up...Enjoy!

The Poor Patch:

The Dent:

its a diesel

Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by limited slip; 27-07-2007 at 02:01 PM.

looks very clean & straight

Talking Oh Yummy.

That baby-blue (or whatever manly name you have for it in the states)
    is such a lovely retro color, you are so lucky.

Looks really sweet,
    how long did the resto take,
    or did you always own it in such spankinjg condition??

Where do you live dude? I'm from New York!!!

Nice truck BTW, expecially the dieselness!!!

Garry

Nice truck

What do you call that colour?

I love the colour - that's the blue I want for my Caddy. What is it called?

thanks for all the comments guys! I'll try to answer all of your questions:

P4ulo, I've only had the caddy for a few months. So far, I've had the paint done, cleaned up the interior and put in a new headliner.. the caddy has been sitting in a garage for 14 years! I've had the motor (245000 on the clock, but it doesnt work) overhauled and new brakes all around. Also, the pictures look great, but the body could use some more work, there are a few small dents and such- but there is almost NO rust. I'd like to do the round headlights up front, but for now, thats on the bottom of the list!

evan2401, The paint is the original color. I believe it is called "Patina." I dont know about over seas, but here it was a common color on rabbits, caddy's and beetles.

Darth, I live in Dutchess County and work in Westchester/Bronx. do you have pictures of your caddy on here? let me know if you get down to my area, or poughkeepsie!

Alan has helped me find some drop plates that will work- any ideas on front coilovers or lowering springs that will bring the front down 2.5-3"??

I live in Albany, so it's a stone's throw although poughkeepsie is about 1.5 hours away from here. Me me, you and 81obsession should have a vw meet, he's from poughkeepsie sometime. Are you going to waterfest this year? Im' so there.

I have some photos of my project here:

http://www.notinteresting.com/travel...doza/blank.htm

Garry

Darth, i'm def up for a little vw meet- give me a few weeks to get my truck up to par! I was hoping to go to waterfest with a couple friends, at least for saturday- are you planning to make the trip?

Hell yeah I'm going! I'll be entered in the judging.

Garry

checked out your site- the truck looks great!

Thumbs up locals

Hey limited slip - I am in New Paltz, over in Ulster county. Nice, clean ride! I am going to waterfest, too. Here's my ride:

Hey Folks! Check out my new pictures up top!

punkvideo81-
    Hey man- sweet little caddy- I want to get a little VW meet together in Poughkeepsie- us Caddys need to represent!!

Sweet ride! Are you on the lookout for the round headlight front? Maybe we could swap front ends!

Quote Originally Posted by customjetta
    Sweet ride! Are you on the lookout for the round headlight front? Maybe we could swap front ends!
    Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by limited slip
    Where are you located?
    I'm in the UK. I'm not sure how much the postage would cost but it might be worth looking in to

Thumbs up

Awesome caddy.

You still selling the truck?
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Garry
    You still selling the truck?
    Garry
    I'm trying to get it all fixed up first, theres a couple small problems.. I finally fixed the mirrors correctly, and installed the weitec suspension:

I put 13" wheels back on it, 17s look ridiculous, ESPECIALLY with it lowered. I have brand new stock suspension that I may install for the time being (make the commute a little more comfortable) and some stock wheels (from Punkvideo) I'm trying to clean up.
    I'm ordering new factory blinkers for the front and a front license plate bracket- as I just got a ticket.
    Also, I'm trying to find the files for the rear "volkswagen" decals, so I can cut them myself. I want it to look as stock as possible if I'm going to sell it. Plus, I got a lot more compliments with it stock height!

CLIFF NOTES:
    Still planning to sell it... but want it to be sharp for the sale

customjetta:
    let me know what you find out about the front end swap.. I might still be interested..
    Last edited by limited slip; 27-07-2007 at 02:00 PM.

seller VANAMANIA on ebay has the decal kit for the tailgate letters, $40 buy it now pricing. He has great feedback...