Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Front and Rear Anti Roll Bars (Sway Bars) Available soon

Front and Rear Anti Roll Bars (Sway Bars) Available soon

A while back I promised Anti Roll Bar kits for the Caddy, its taken forever and a sh1t load of work to get this to fruition. Well as of today I have definate prices, I am only waiting on postage costs to myself so that I can work out the import duty etc... If all goes to plan I will also be able to supply the USA as well as Europe

Im sure a lot of you will be interested in the REAR ARB's as these are just NOT available, Im hoping these will be available for approx £190 but this will be confirmed in the next few days

The Specs are

Rears 3/4" (20mm) £190 NOW £175

Fronts 7/8" (24mm) £190
    NOW £175

The front is substantially thicker than the OEM GTi item

Let me know if you interested

Al
    Last edited by Al; 01-11-2006 at 07:27 PM.

Question

forgive my ignorance but are these for the mk1 shape? If so where does the rear one bolt up to? Cheers.

Yeah, sorry they are MK1 ones

They fit to the back axle (clamp) and chassis (bolt)

Def interested in the rear 1 mate.

very interested in the rear one, would like to see pictures first though if possible.

Yo Al...bout time!

I will have a front and rear please! I think you may be helping to fit it though just so you can take pics and explain on the forum of course!!!!

Fixed the Marder by the way...ready to run!
    **** Caddyless Vandango ****

Quote Originally Posted by caddyshack
    Yo Al...bout time!

I will have a front and rear please! I think you may be helping to fit it though just so you can take pics and explain on the forum of course!!!!
    That can be arranged

Quote Originally Posted by caddyshack
    Fixed the Marder by the way...ready to run!
    I need to pull my finger out

Interesting, Im keen to see what the rear one looks like and where it bolts to etc.
    You got any pics of plans or anything Al?

Right the time has come, I now have conformation of full cost and shipping from the manufacturer

Im to good to you lot these are going to be much less to you guys than 1st anticipated

Front ARB = £175.00 + postage these are not your OEM GTi crap these bars are 24mm thick and are nickel plated

Rear ARB = £175 + postage what can I say about these! Rarer than hens teeth and we have them 20mm in diameter and again these are nickel plated

ORDERS BEING TAKEN NOW

Orders taken so far:

Caddyshack (front & Rear)
    Dub Monkey (Front & Rear)
    Myself (Rear)

If you are in the USA or Canada then PM me for a price including shipping to your ZIP code

Al

This is not the actuall bar, but gives you and idea of the quality

I will be interested in hearing feedback about how these improve handling...
    Modify or die....

Quote Originally Posted by fahrvergnugen
    I will be interested in hearing feedback about how these improve handling...
    well in about 4 weeks i will let you know.
    FUKENBROK

I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

Al, you getting a stock of them in? Def want the rear 1 but cant afford it just yet as i got a mk1 golf to collect and need to sell the polo first, which could be 1 or 2 months away.

def interseted in once once i can get the cash sorted
    Outkast Dub Club
    "The Pikey's You Can Trust"

"elmo putneus the large says:
    im so emo i'll poo myself"

Quote Originally Posted by caddyrage
    Al, you getting a stock of them in? Def want the rear 1 but cant afford it just yet as i got a mk1 golf to collect and need to sell the polo first, which could be 1 or 2 months away.
    The delivery times will be reduced in the near future, its just that the manufacturer is having to put these bars back into production for us

'Back' into production? If it would not be nosey (as I could do research), who produced them the first time? Also, is this the same company producing them now?

Again, I understand the need to keep sources under wraps if you choose. I only ask so that I can try to find old info. on said bars...

Also, if these are bigger than the GTI up front, would that be too much bar for at least some occasions?

Sorry to be a pester.
    Modify or die....

Man, just spent £300 on a new welder.
    These would go great on my new Caddy (pic's to follow shortly in show off). Is this a limited supply or will I still be able to get a set of front and rear around Feb. time? What with Christmas and then snowboarding in the new year funds are getting tight. If so I have another rear axle in my garage waiting for one of your exchanges. Would you do a price for both ABRs and a flipped rear axle that’s ready for rear disc conversion?

Employee of the month is a good example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1
    Man, just spent £300 on a new welder.
    These would go great on my new Caddy (pic's to follow shortly in show off). Is this a limited supply or will I still be able to get a set of front and rear around Feb. time? What with Christmas and then snowboarding in the new year funds are getting tight. If so I have another rear axle in my garage waiting for one of your exchanges. Would you do a price for both ABRs and a flipped rear axle that’s ready for rear disc conversion?
    No these will be available hopefully for the forseable future, when your ready give us a shout and we can discuss your axle flip as well

Al

Good lad, spot on.

Employee of the month is a good example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.

Do the rear bars fit happily with a flipped rear axle?
    Know of rear bars that were made by a well known firm that only fitted the conventional setup. Wondered if these were the same.