PDA

View Full Version : new caddy

JakeTMFS
26-06-2006, 03:38 PM
hey guys. im new to the caddy thing, since im only 19. But my dads had vanagons since i can remember so ive loved old VWs my whole life. We found an 82' 4 speed (4th gear being the E a.k.a. over drive). it started when we bought it, ran it half way home. And now it wont start. Were not sure what it is, seeing as it could be a slue of diffrent things. I found a guy who owens a vw shops and drives a caddy as well to look at it and get it running... hes and older guy whos just the owner and does work on the side so its gonna take him awhile to get it running. And if he cant my friend is gonna sell me his engine for a swap. hes got a 1.8l 4cyl high compression from a 90 jetta that hes willing to sell me cheap cause hes doing an 16v swap. But yeah im working on getting a picture up here cause other then my engine being pup the body is in great shape as well as the strut towers. Im gonna clay bar the paint and see if i should re-paint or not. I also found a set of snowflakes for it. I cant wait till she runs!

P4ulo
26-06-2006, 08:26 PM
ooo, you found a caddy with solid shock towers.
You did well, very well.

I like the sound of your plans, but do tell us UK boys you are going to lower it to the weeds!!!

By the way, what is a clay bar??? Does that mean you are going to fill all the lumps and bumps and sand it smooth or something?!

Cheers dude, and good luck on working out how to post a picture!!

blackandwhitebmx
26-06-2006, 08:57 PM
ooo, you found a caddy with solid shock towers.
You did well, very well.

I like the sound of your plans, but do tell us UK boys you are going to lower it to the weeds!!!

By the way, what is a clay bar??? Does that mean you are going to fill all the lumps and bumps and sand it smooth or something?!

Cheers dude, and good luck on working out how to post a picture!!
clay bar is a lump of clay and some cleaning stuff that takes all the crap off your paintwork non abrasively. Available from your nearest halfords!

P4ulo
26-06-2006, 10:12 PM
mmmmm, sounds cool.

Do you use it with an electric polisher or just by hand??

JakeTMFS
24-07-2006, 12:46 AM
you do it by hand... it basicly will get your paint as close to new as possible.. at least nice and shiny

JakeTMFS
24-07-2006, 12:50 AM
yes i am planning on dropping it to the weeds. Im gonna find some coil-overs for the front and either make/find air bags for the back. i def want the fornt to sit about an inch lower so that when i fly by people on the highway it will look like im slowing down... but i wont be muhahaha :music: }:)

caddyrage
24-07-2006, 05:49 AM
An inch!, is that all :)

caddyshack
28-07-2006, 12:48 PM
An inch!, is that all :)

An inch is a lot if your weeds are long! :thumbs_up

animal
28-07-2006, 03:43 PM
think he means an inch rake! get it in the weeds my son!

JakeTMFS
14-08-2006, 08:42 PM
i mean i want the front to sit and inch lower then the back... so even when im hauling ass it looks like im slowing down... i live in the suburbs so we dont have very many weeds, let alone tall ones.. hehe