PDA

View Full Version : Project Black Rat

bentert
25-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Ello chimps
I got the caddy back home admitidly via an RAC low loader, it appears theres a little problem with the fact that the 1.8gti engine was still being cooled by a 1.6petrol so i ripped the radiator out to find that it was full of shit and the sensor was ****ed, so cleaned radiator and new sensor later and a few new hoses and hopefully its should be okay. (I had to wait 3 and a half hours for break down RAC not in my good books).

Any hoo by the sound of things there is a hole in the exhaust so i need to get under it and have a look to find out whats going on there, thats next for project Black Rat.

When it was driving it was fine, somehow it managed to inch its was to the 100mph mark, but it was rainy so i wasnt to keen on doing anything crazy...

Pics to follow

Tony
Project Black Rat

regcheeseman
25-05-2006, 03:27 PM
The caddy/hatchback diesel rad is the same as the 1.8GTI one and probably easier and cheaper to find.

bentert
30-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Well i have been busy, I have managed to get a single light grill with a chrome surround and a bumper with rare washers on them also with a chrome surround, new wheels have been put on, and i have taken off the drivers side wing as it was to rusted, hopefuly i will be getting a new wing this week and can start putting the caddy back again, before taking it down to the MOT shop........
I am in need of a tonneau cover Kevlar I know you have one and I want it.... unless any one else has one kicking around for sale that they want to sell.

Tony