PDA

View Full Version : Clutch size

ivow
26-04-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm a 1984 Rabbit Diesel owner but I'm guessing I can post on this group (let me know otherwise)

I've ordered a new clutch disc from an online retailer, saved me a few bucks, but now it's come in and it looks awfully small. Here's the link to it:
autopartsonlinecanada (http://parts.autopartsonlinecanada.com/parts/apocanada/quote.jsp?year=1984&product=I2010-170495&application=000222009&part=Clutch%20Disc&category=I)

I'm at the office and would like to work on it tonight, but I'd hate to get excited about working and find out it's too small. :0 This one measures 20 cm, just under 8". Does that seem right? Are there any other surprises I may encounter? I already have the transmission on the garage floor and the clutch out, but I just don't remember the size of thing, I remember it being bigger than this... maybe I'm crazy.

TIA

ivo

vwabbitman
26-04-2006, 11:17 PM
well that is the right clutch. i thought the same thing when i did my clutch but alas it is the right size. hope this helps :thumbs_up

veedubjoe
27-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Should be 210mm if its the same as UK diesels. They do look small though, and especially for you guys on the other side of the pond when you are all used to seeing the monster clutches fitted to big block V8's.

vwabbitman
27-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Should be 210mm if its the same as UK diesels. They do look small though, and especially for you guys on the other side of the pond when you are all used to seeing the monster clutches fitted to big block V8's.
or the semi trucks(lorries). those clutchs are HUGE. :0 :thumbs_up

ivow
18-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah! That was right. Sorry for the delay on the post. I finally got it installed and while it was up I did some work on the exhaust, looked around for a 5 speed transmission (couldn't find one for a reasonable price), oil change, installed a new amp, etc... Once I started it back up a buzzing sound started, I'll post about in the Electrical Forum, with the new amp I can drown it for now. :D

The sad part is the rust on the bottom of the thing, I guess I gotta start looking for a new body... I bought it for $500 so I can't complain.