PDA

View Full Version : Whato !

BigMonty
01-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Hi there, sorry I have been rude not to introduce myself. Even more important to thank the chaps who have already given me advice. CHEERS !
Big Monty married to the wonderful and patient CorradoClair, From cambridgeshire. Gotta Caddy Vr6 ( Engine FUBAR ). a 1.8 cad, and 2 derv cads. Just got one of those off Mikegti. Top bloke. Stock Mk2 Golf ,a 16v raddo and a 68 Volvo amazon. (Practical family car ) Streamlining operations at the mo due to another incoming little Monty. Just keeping 1 Derv cad, the golf,and the volvo. We dunno whether the vr6 is worth salvaging at this point the 1.8 has a good home to go to once I get the brakes working and the raddo is open to offers. ( another month or 2 she wont be able to get into it ). So that leaves me to do Just one caddy. I will be picking all your brains bout what to do with that. So what next ? I will say the same as I have for 32 years .... Chuffed if I know. Look forward to getiing the remaining caddy looking good, and seeing some of your sorted machines at this years meets.

P4ulo
01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Well hello there,
sounds like you gotta nice little stable of motors there.

Whats wrong with the VR6? Did the engine blow?
Is all thats needed is a new engine, or is the whole thing knackered.

Please post up some more info if you are thinking of selling, I'm sure there will be loads of interested parties on here that would "bite yer arm off!!!"

Welcome,
Paulo.

Mk1
01-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Howdy, welcome aboard. My missus goes bonkers at me all the time just because I have a BMW and an R1 I hardly use. Think I'll get her to read your post, let her know how lucky she is. Wont stop her banging on though I bet.

Lets see some picís of all the beasts though yeah?

:thumbs_up

BigMonty
02-04-2006, 10:59 AM
The engine the chappie put in was seized solid. and the rest of the pick up is real rusty. I gave £50 for spares, wit the intention of sorting the body out and getting a fresh engine. Now I think it will be broken and the bits stored up for a future vr6 caddy project. Belive me or not .... It was the good lady that got me into the vee dubs several years ago, I have always been into old hot rods and custom stuff.

BigMonty
02-04-2006, 02:51 PM
The vr6 caddy was owned by a chap with a jet ski. It has been backed into the sea a few too many times, we just had it up on the ramps and the back end has gone completely. Shame.

P4ulo
02-04-2006, 10:45 PM
thanks for letting us/me know.
I thought I'd found a route into a cheap VR6 caddy then.

Sh1t!!