PDA

View Full Version : caddy number 2 'Project GAY BAR'

spice-weasel
08-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Hi all, been lurking long enough & having moved onto number 2 thought it was about time to post something. here's my new caddy bought a few months ago from a local lad who'd got it to this stage, then unfortunately (for him) had to sell. First of all, a bit of history- the first one was 1.9d scruffer which I had lowered & added G60's. It had gone in for some 'remedial metalwork' & a satin dove blue blowover, however, as is often the case the grot was more extensive than anticipated & we began to look for alternative possibilities. This is when no2 appeared locally ticking the boxes- Solid, good Dove Blue paintwork, already 1.9TDI'd I've been going thru the mech's & swapping the better parts from old No1 have fitted the front indicators, flag mirrors & coilies. The back will come down an inch when I've fitted the lowering blocks, Then the G60's on once they've had a coat of paint. There are a couple of bits of bodywork to address (the dented front panel around the toweye) Then there's that Crazy Exhaust Stack, well executed, but not to my taste... will be changed in due course.
Updates to follow as and when, but don't hold your breath, I'm a bit slow..
Cheers to you all & keep up your own good works.

revox
10-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Nice clean caddy there mate! Go on keep the stack.... You know you want to...! Look forward to seeing your slow progress!

spice-weasel
10-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Cheers Revox, Yeah, I'm already getting ''you haven't changed that exhaust yet, I reckon you love it really''
Time will tell....