PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Kendal Caddy
07-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi from a new member. Been a VW fan all my life. My dad had a Type4 Variant (the estate version) then a Passat estate. After driving a few lesser cars (it wasn't really a priority then) I drove my mates Scirocco and decided I needed something better and bought a Tornado Red Mk2 Gti 16v which has since been restored (resprayed,new panels,new engine,leather seats etc). One of the guys who resprayed it bought a Caddy to carry his motorcycles round and sprayed that Orange. He wouldn't sell it to me so I started searching for one. Eventually bought one just before Crimbo (always buy yourself a good present!). I'm now the happy owner of a lowered Lhassa green Caddy which lots of friends and workmates have recently been eyeing up. Sorry no pictures for you yet - still a bit new to this computer stuff - will sort something out soon.

Kendal Caddy
07-02-2006, 07:16 PM
PS How do I get rid of the Caddy Wanna Be below my name?

Iowa Caddy
07-02-2006, 07:24 PM
PS How do I get rid of the Caddy Wanna Be below my name?Be a post whore like the rest of us. :tb :tb Descriptive tag changes at 50 (or 100?) posts -- then @ 500, etc. If ya' wanna' catch up to His Darthness, better get ta' postin'. ;) BTW, welcome to the forum. :td :td

"...I drove my mates Scirocco and decided I needed something better and bought a Tornado Red Mk2 Gti 16v..." -- are you saying the GTi is better than a Scirocco? Them's fightin' words! ;)

Kendal Caddy
07-02-2006, 07:46 PM
What I meant was I needed something better than the lesser car I had been driving at the time (a volvo 340 before you ask). I still have a great desire for a Skyrocket but with a Caddy, a Gti, a Syncro and only two parking spaces outside my house I'm already pushing it a bit... ;)

P4ulo
07-02-2006, 08:32 PM
good on ya fella, well done on the caddy move.

Did you buy the one that was on Ebay recently, that was lhasa green and pretty sweet....

caddyboy
07-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Welcome kidda, good to have another Northerner! Eventhough i'm in Newcastle we're still more North than most!

Iowa Caddy
07-02-2006, 09:18 PM
What I meant was I needed something better than the lesser car I had been driving at the time...;) I actually thought that's what ya' meant -- but I couldn't resist the chance to welcome ya' by jesting, and to stand up for 'Rocs at the same time. :D Despite my long and deep love of 'Rocs -- especially MK1's -- I'd actually choose a nice A2 (MK2) 16V GTi over a plain Jane MK2 'Roc. :td

alistair
07-02-2006, 10:18 PM
welcome to the forum quick take pics and post them up:) oh you live in a wicked part of the country, love it up there gota be there or northan scotland when it comes to uuup north, sorry caddyboy newcastle just dosnt work for me ;)

caddyboy
07-02-2006, 10:31 PM
I too love the lakes and Scotland, mainly due to the mountains.....but for nights out, can't beat "The Toon!"

Oh, talking of mountains, did i mention i'm going to Chamonix this weekend? :)

regcheeseman
08-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Where's the brochure then? :i_dont_kn :rolleyes: :D

alistair
08-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I too love the lakes and Scotland, mainly due to the mountains.....but for nights out, can't beat "The Toon!"

Oh, talking of mountains, did i mention i'm going to Chamonix this weekend? :)

oi thats below the belt

im not going again for 3weeks!!!! got back 2weeks ago, going again beginning of april to :):):) oh to love the mountains :)

caddyboy
08-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Not taking me board, just boozing and staying with mates, coming back on Sunday night. You knever know, I might borrow one when i'm there......