PDA

View Full Version : So beat me....

grizz
14-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi Guys, and I hope Gals,

Just joined up, have browsed a bit recently.
Have 4 bikes in the garage, 100cc Kwak, 600ccAprilia Tuareg, 1000cc BMW GS and 1150cc BMW GS.
Daily driver: GTi diesel 150bhp (puts a smile on my face every day)
Have a morbid fascination with pickups as I am South African, and where I come from it is cool to have a truck.
I have always liked the Caddy as the pure lines appeal to me, and recently I realised they were in the ballpark for a toy that can have functional use as well.
In the UK the Corsa pickup is not available, but it would be one of my choices, as I am 6ft and 115kg...... so , a big guy

My brother has a 1600 Corsa Pickup that he loves to bits, and I guess it is envy that drives ones behaviour at times.

I will get to know the cars here, and when my kitchen I ordered on Sunday for self fitting is in and the walls scrapped and repainted..... who knows... JOY ??

Brothers Pickup in SA:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/grizzbiz/IMG_0011.jpg

New Corsa pickup......great lines for moding.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/grizzbiz/IMG_0020.jpg

P4ulo
14-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Wow, that Corsa looks pretty cool.

Only one thing bro, Its missing a VW badge and is isn't a Caddy!!!

You have no excuse over there, I know they have just stopped making the caddy there, but you could get a 2003 model or something, THE HOLY GRAIL!!

grizz
15-12-2005, 04:51 AM
Hi Paulo,

I guess it will be whatever Caddy is available here in the good ole UK , as I now live and work here, down in the Garden of England, in Rochester.

The Corsa in my case will be waaaaay overpriced to bring in here, and it seems that the guys that populate this site are pretty normal too, so it is Caddy all the way.

caddyboy
15-12-2005, 08:21 AM
Wow, that Corsa looks pretty cool.

Sorry but I thought I just read a post from P4ulo saying Corsa's were cool, must be dreaming.

P4ulo
15-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Sorry but I thought I just read a post from P4ulo saying Corsa's were cool, must be dreaming.

I was only sympathizing seeing as it was the dudes first post and he seemed happy with it's looks.
It actually looks pretty...... pretty silly no?
Corsa's are not cool, period.

Anyway, the guy promises to get a Caddy, so it doesn't matter, does it..
lol.

caddyshack
15-12-2005, 04:06 PM
I know Corsa's aint cool but that one is and maybe in SA they dont have the Max Power brigade with 12" Exhaust Pipes and Fast n Furious add onns!

I like it!

beekeeper
15-12-2005, 04:41 PM
I cant believe you guys are actually having a conversation about the prettiness of corsas!

Darth Garry
15-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I was imagining it with hot naked chicks all over it. Otherwise, like p4ulo said, I can't get past the lack of VW badge.

Garry

P4ulo
16-12-2005, 12:08 AM
I cant believe you guys are actually having a conversation about the prettiness of corsas!

Aaaaw, ain't it pretty!?

Sorry dude, but not in my life at the moment. (apart from house renovation and Property Ladder aspirations!!!)

regcheeseman
16-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Oh, stick you, ya momma too, and ya daddy!!! (remember??)

Remember? Yeah I remember throwing clumps of mud at the little bitches (no bottles to hand) :D

grizz
16-12-2005, 03:56 PM
:D

OK, OK ,OK..... no family fights here.....

You are right, in SA the "NOVA-BRIGADE" with loud bass, 12inch zorsts and lairy wheels with half the pavement scrapped along them , does not exist, cars are too expensive, and rarely turned into showpieces, though most people cherish their rides.
The Corsa pickup is my brothers only transport, other than a range of Caterpillar Dozers, trucks etc.... been a military boy all 24 years of his life in the Engineers. He litteraly just texted me to say he was fitting new sounds in the shape of MP3 and other weirdness to it.

Back to the Caddy-Shack....... I have just seen the new year pay and bonus schemes, and as all such schemes are, it still has to pay out before I believe, however, if it is as good as it promises..... I may be able to get a project sometime in the new year.

WRT beauty or lack thereof, Guess its in the eye of the beholder. I do like the new Corsa's looks, but the Caddy has clean simplicity on its side, as well as availability here. 8D

grizz
16-12-2005, 04:00 PM
I was only sympathizing seeing as it was the dudes first post and he seemed happy with it's looks.
It actually looks pretty...... pretty silly no?
Corsa's are not cool, period.

Anyway, the guy promises to get a Caddy, so it doesn't matter, does it..
lol.
Thanks Paulo, the cheque's in the mail.

Like many things and different forums, I need to get to know the intensity whith which each patriots flame burns, and then set my own headlights accordingly.
I am pleased with the level of knowlege and interest displayed here. Thats the benefit of these forums...... sharing knowlege.

P4ulo
17-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Hey Grizz,

we're glad top have you aboard son.
Who knows, with your SA connections perhaps you could look into immporting some bits that some of the lads want;

1 piece windows and doors for Caddys.
Rear Rollpans
Solid glass rear windows

Anything else anyone?

Once again, welcome my friend.

vwabbitman
18-12-2005, 04:11 AM
Hey Grizz,

we're glad top have you aboard son.
Who knows, with your SA connections perhaps you could look into immporting some bits that some of the lads want;

1 piece windows and doors for Caddys.
Rear Rollpans
Solid glass rear windows

Anything else anyone?

Once again, welcome my friend.

TAILGATES. i think we most of us need one.

grizz
19-12-2005, 06:29 AM
TAILGATES. i think we most of us need one.

MMMMmmmmm...... I see beans..... """"Baked beans""" 8D