PDA

View Full Version : just bought my 1st caddy today!

gangstay
13-10-2005, 10:52 PM
hi there,

after wanting a caddy since i first got into vws a few years ago and ownign mk1 rocco storm, a mk2 polo and a mk2 gti 8v i finally bought one! :)

hes a 1.6 petrol, G reg 89, 55k from new, 2 owners (neither builders) gambia red, pretty straight, nice and solid, with a few small dings and scabs here and there. its had a truckman on from new and the tail gate is just how it should be, intact.

cost me 900 with 12mnths mot.

is that a reasonable price?, i know its hard to say without pics (they are comign this weekend prob)

plans are coilovers, axle over spring on the rear, custom bumpers, and some nice 7 or 8 x 13 steelies. cant wait!

so hello to all the other forum users, and you will see my caddy soon as possible.

CADDY-SPORT
14-10-2005, 09:26 AM
900 sounds like a pretty reasonable price to me for a low mileage pickup. It should be worth double that to the right person with all the new kit and the scabby bits sorted. I bought a pretty screwed caddy sport for 500 that needed a new front panel, spring hangers rotted and in need of a couple of doors and bonnet. It probably cost me a grand all told to buy it and get it sorted and is worth no more than that now.

Ta

Morninglight
14-10-2005, 09:49 AM
We want pics :)

A traight tailgate is a rarity these days..

gangstay
14-10-2005, 01:38 PM
i removed the truck man and load liner today, found a couple of small hole sin the bed, buts its all pretty staight and the paints pretty good.

after a weekend i think he should be looking pretty damn good, bit of plating, touching up etc. i will try to get some before an after pics..........