PDA

View Full Version : hi from glenn

caddypenguin
11-10-2005, 09:00 PM
hello,

finally managed to get on the forum with a pic (hopefully) thanks to the advice of darth garry.

just wanted to say hi and explain my caddy is a 1.6d, i bought it from ebay couple of weeks ago. its been lowered not sure by how much but it lets me know every bump i go over. it pulls like a train returns 50+mpg and is loads of fun. theres a million n one questions i need to ask but for now just wanna say ay up and great site.

cheers

Glenn from Doncaster
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/veedubcaddymaster/Picture012.jpg

:thumbs_up

alistair
11-10-2005, 09:04 PM
firstly welcome glen, any question will be answerd by sombody on here :) and your caddy looks the nuts!!!!!!!

caddyboy
12-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Nice, clean and simple ride, welcome to the forum kidda.

caddyshack
12-10-2005, 08:10 AM
I like the colour of the Caddy, would look cool with some fat wheels but its nice and simple and looks very straight!

caddypenguin
12-10-2005, 09:23 PM
thanks guys for your encouraging replies, yeah im happy with my ride. i dont think 750 quid was asking too much eother considering how much some of em go for on ebay........anyways thanks again. :thumbs_up

alistair
12-10-2005, 09:56 PM
thanks guys for your encouraging replies, yeah im happy with my ride. i dont think 750 quid was asking too much eother considering how much some of em go for on ebay........anyways thanks again. :thumbs_up

HOW MUCH!!!!! dam you lucky git !!!!

nickl
17-10-2005, 01:33 PM
did you buy this caddy from a bloke who lived in kings langley/apsley near to hemel hempstead hertfordshire? if so, you got well lucky, the bloke had it up for 1700 pounds when i saw it ( i lived 2 minutes away from it), nice car but i thought it was abit much for what it was- you did lucky to get the price down as he wasny willing to budge on it for me!! :thumbs_up

caddyshack
17-10-2005, 03:35 PM
I paid 900 for mine and it was not in a lovely state, it was well maintained but still needed a lot of work...not too much rust though.....Having said that it was the only Caddy I had ever seen for sale and I didnt know anything about this forum...

Looking back I would have rather started one with an absolute clean body that had been re-painted and then started from there.

You bought that for a song though...easily worth 1500

regcheeseman
18-10-2005, 01:48 PM
You bought that for a song though...easily worth 1500

Watch this space...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-caddy-van-1-6D-1988-F-reg-golf-ford-camper-polo_W0QQitemZ4582774960QQcategoryZ9873QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (Glenn's Caddy)

Bidding's going well so far...

caddypenguin
18-10-2005, 02:17 PM
hi to 1 and all,

i got the caddy from down northampton way, and yeah i agree i got it
' cheap ' i know i shouldnt be selling her BUT with two kids at 6 and 11 they're both ripping my eyes out everywhere i go to ride in my ' cool pickup ' with me, dilema no1 theres only 1 seat left !!!!!!! i absolutely love the caddy and it gets so many looks from young and old, but i made the dreaded decision to go back to my 'wanting a camper ' for those w/ends away with the family(hopefully satisfy every1 then) :D .......but thanks again for the encouraging comments everyone........great site :thumbs_up

nickl
18-10-2005, 02:26 PM
i bought the rather battered looking white caddy off Al for 100 pounds with the replacement gearbox and driveshafts- which are now fitted and working (amazing for my abilities although had some help from paula chilcott n me mate russell), also stripped it down n started sorting out the body work, drivers side wing now sorted as is the panel behind the front bumper :thumbs_up im looking forward to my next weekend home from uni to carry on with the rest of the body work :D