PDA

View Full Version : Deflowered virgin......

regcheeseman
30-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Ohh ooo ooo YES!

My first caddy is now in the pipeline.....

Been looking for a project for a while seen some overpriced sheds go for silly money on fleabay (and some very nice caddies too), put a wanted ad in local rag and turned a H plated diesel 110,000 miler up for 50. :thumbs_up

Run's, no tax and test, solid underneath, slight holes in bed, tailgate fine. RESULT!

If it's beyond my scope on further inspection....I'll flog it on the bay!

Anticipate loads of dumbass newbie questions in the next few weeks.... but just for starters....Is it a mark 2? what are the differences?

DubMonkey
30-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Welcome reg and Congrats on popping your cherry!

The caddy is exactly the same as 5door Mk1 Golf from the seats forward.
Everything Mk1 GTi will bolt straight in and quite alot of parts can be sourced from other dubs as well.

Try flicking through the technical threads for answers and use the search. Chances are all you newbie Qs and the related answers are already in there!

And finally show us some pics of the beast:music:

Monkey:thumbs_up

regcheeseman
30-09-2005, 11:38 AM
The caddy is exactly the same as 5door Mk1 Golf from the seats forward.

Are the doors the same?

Try flicking through the technical threads for answers and use the search. Chances are all you newbie Qs and the related answers are already in there!

I've already read a lot of the technical stuff, I enjoy reading and learning about a potential project before I dive in. Now it looks like I have an actual vehicle, I can be more selective about what I read....suspension and interior will be first...

And finally show us some pics of the beast - you seem to have mis-spelled 'heap' :D , will post piccies when I get some. - is there a suggested max size?

So do I have the MK2 then? IS there actually a MK2 am I getting confused or is it the later polo caddy or is that the mk3? :i_dont_kn

CADDY-SPORT
30-09-2005, 12:02 PM
The front doors from any 5 door Mk1 Golf will fit with no modification along with bonnet, front panel, dashboard etc.

As Dub Monkey said, the mk1 caddy is the same as the mk1 golf from the seats forward.

I think mk1 jetta is also the same

Ta

spenda
30-09-2005, 12:04 PM
mk1 5 door golf and jetta are plug and play/straight swap, however, 3 doors and cabby's DO NOT fit..............

you beat me to it caddy sport

regcheeseman
30-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Nice one! thanks for your help..

I wondered for a bit what model a cabby was......then it dawned on me. :rolleyes:

Just the Mk2 bit now......is there a mk 2 caddy (golf style) or is the polo van thing the mk2?

beekeeper
30-09-2005, 12:16 PM
There are in fact 3 different trucks. The mk1 based caddy(the best), The polo based van and the skoda based pickup.

Paul
30-09-2005, 12:18 PM
your'e caddy is a mk1. vw never made a mk2 style caddy. the next caddy to come along was based on the polo. However in South Africa, caddys (the ones we drive) are a sort of mk1/mk2 hybrid, but for confirmation...yours is a mk1.

regcheeseman
30-09-2005, 12:27 PM
MK1 - Yay!!!1 :D :thumbs_up :D

Wooo!

and indeed Hooo!

I could never work out what the difference was between a mk1 and a 'mk2' - that's because they were all mk1's and I'm a dumbass!

Now, who's got a set of spare Borbets for a tenner? :)