PDA

View Full Version : Lifted Caddy ?

fullcipher
12-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Hello,

I'm in the market to buy a Caddy. I was wondering if anyone has any information on raising the Caddy instead of lowering it. I want to give the Caddy a faux 4x4 look to compete with all of the SUV's on the road here. ( also i'm tall and tired of crouching into my slammed Dubs to get in or work on them ;)

I guess you could either buy aftermarket springs to raise it up, ( if these are even produced ) re-arch the existing leafs in the back ? do the springs go under the axle in their stock location, or on top of the axle ? if under, perhaps i could flip the springs to the top ? then have custom coils made for up front, or would a vr6 coil fit up front to give me some lift ?

you tell me, you're the experts !

thank you.

Jimmy
12-07-2005, 08:57 AM
hmmm this is prob. one for the stateside guys - as you'll probably see from our posts, us uk folks are pretty much all hellbent on getting the trucks lower to the ground :D

the rear leafs are ABOVE the axle as std, hence the rear is simple to lower.

welcome to the forum :)

Iowa Caddy
12-07-2005, 03:09 PM
fullcipher -- welcome to the forum. Let me introduce you to the 2nd-best resource on this forum (after the great members!).

http://vwcaddyforum.com/search.php? . . . (start with [lift spring] )

Between that page and the members, most of your questions will be answered. In this case, I think the page will be quicker, as this topic has been fairly completely hashed here, eh? ;)

Pix of your creation and any new insights on lifting will be devoured, as there is a certain and persistant reservoir of lifted-Caddy desire/approval on the forum.