PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

MattMoore
14-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi all,
new member here, maiden post :thumbs_up
due to work comitments, i need a vehicle that i can use for both work, and pleasure. i have been lookin at US pick ups, but then i seen some mint caddy's an thought, euro is deffo the way to go...
i have been browsing the site all night, and im overwhelmed with the mountain of information about anything and everything caddy!
is there a site anywhere which lists the types an spec's of caddy's that were produced by VW?
also, is there any good places to look to buy one, except for here, ebay, and the VW mags??

Thanks all!!

caddyboy
14-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Hi and welcome.
You could start by letting us know where abouts you are, UK,USA, Canada, South Africa, Europe?? There are guys on here from all over the place and the trucks are slightly different depending on where you're from.
And you're right, there is a mountain of info on here so sit back, relax and trawl through it over a few nights with a few cans by your side, then get your wallet out 'cos it's addictive!!

caddysa
15-06-2005, 05:33 AM
As Caddyboy said, I'm from South Africa and here we can still buy the caddy NEW, although they changed the name to pickup, because they launched a MPV called a caddy

Drago
15-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Where in SA you from?

re_kon3
18-06-2005, 01:33 PM
me also from SA, cape town. drago u dont happen to be the dude with the M3 strappin dragon motorsport yellow caddy eh?

MattMoore
18-06-2005, 03:41 PM
that might be helpful i guess... im from the uk, hertfordshire
i did see one on the performancevw classifieds thats about ten minutes from me.
but i dont wanna delve into my pockets just yet...

caddyshack
18-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Keep an eye out in the For Sale section...Lester has or had a Sport for sale and there is a very cheap one posted today! .........Good Luck and welcome!

Al
18-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Welcome Matt:)

There are basically 3 Caddy models in the UK

1. 1.6 Diesel
2. 1.6 Petrol
3. 1.8i Sport

The first two are very basic, but the sport has the Cabrio GTi engine & gearbox with other trim niceties. The sports fetch a premium in price due to their rarety, but the 1.6 Caddys are quite common and MANY have been modified in one way or another so the choice will be down to your own taste:td

BTW. where abouts in Herts are you? "3piece" on the forum is about to sell his Caddy and he is in Hemel!

MattMoore
19-06-2005, 07:32 AM
3piece's is the one which i have seen up for grabs about 5-10 mins away from me
and also its the one which gave me the idea to have a look at one of these,
as i said, being recently self employed i really need a vehicle which is fully tax and vat deductable, but also a vehicle that doesnt look too out of place when driving in and around town,
after seeing 3piece's i remember an old copy of performance VW mag with a few in, dug it out, and now im after buying one!

caddysa
20-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Well, I found out via the grapevine that VW South Africa are not going to make the old caddy anymore. That just sucks.

I'm from Centurion but I work in Sandton Area. You Drago?