PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of those small active subwoofers???

yogiontour
12-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Thinking of buying one of these compact subwoofers for a little more bass...

http://www.motorspeed.com/store_main.asp?int_catalog_id=1&int_category_id=4&int_subcategory_id=0&int_page=1&int_product_id=1793

Are they any good???? Im not expecting to have my ears blown out, just need a little more bass for my truck!

Any other suggestions?

My Little Brother's Van
12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
someone on here has one.....

from a technical point of view, they will do something to the sound but they achieve this by playing tricks on your ears..... you would hear more bass, but thats not what sub bass is (as the name suggests) sub bass is below the human level of hearing so you feel it more than hear it.... it will be a little bit like (if you have one) a cheap three speaker setup on your computer, you would get some bass from it but it won't be earth shattering...

edit after a quick search its a member called Matt_Curray

hussy
12-08-2010, 08:34 PM
I had one and sold it via here. it does fill the sound out, nothing compared to a full on sub but it is a better sound than just normal speakers. piece of cake to fit under a seat too.

matt
13-08-2010, 08:52 AM
As MLBV said, it wont blow you mind or ears with bass.. but should "re-inforce" the lower frequencies a bit more than just a set of components or co-axials.
I would like to hear one myself though..

Matt