PDA

View Full Version : Hi - daviddd here

daviddd
31-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Hello everyone, just to introduce myself.............I live in the north of Scotland, bit of a VW freak (understatement!). I've driven mk 2 Golf's since 1992, well over 200,000 miles driven, love 'em. I've strangely come to want a Caddy - why I ask myself? Because:
1. it's a VW [:p]
2. it's a ute and a fancy having the convenience of humping large things like furniture and bikes around easily [:o)]
3. it could be a GTi :D
4. I could put a big engine in - 16V? VR6? [8D]
5. It's different and would express my penchant for the unusual - viva la difference :)

I am off to look at a J reg Caddy GTi(several hundred miles away so I must be keen)later this week, if it's not been sold by then. [:0]

Cheers, David

Darth Garry
31-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Good luck in your hunt bro. Instead of a big engine, consider a diesel! Then you could haul all of your stuff around, and still get 40+ miles per gallon!

You won't regret getting a pickup, as long as you don't get married and have kids! Although, you could always put a jump seat in the back I suppose haha!

Garry

Volksmaster
31-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Ahoy Hoy sir and welcome, lunacy reigns supreme around this forum. good luck with the Jreg hope you find what your looking for :D [^]
PS nuts to diesels LMAO. you don't wanna be drivin the "Arkansas Chuggabug! :D :D

P4ulo
02-02-2005, 02:02 AM
Davidd - Welcome my friend.

Forget the crazy yank's suggestion and get the biggest engine you can afford and make it a clean running gasser!!!!!!!!!!

alistair
04-02-2005, 05:47 AM
hello and welcome well i would have to agree with pu4lo big is best [:p][}:)]

H2O WERKS
04-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Welcome aboard...we understand your condition ;)

Rich