PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds

Al
01-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Because we cannot get the classifieds software working exactly how we wanted it, I am now moving the classifieds back to a forum format, but with a slight difference.

Also I am going to change the charges for this new format, which is very simple as follows:

Less than 250 posts

If you have 250 posts or less then you will have to pay 5 per year to use the classifieds until such time you reach 251 posts. This 5 goes to help the running costs of the site. Wanted ads are FREE. In addition your 5 will allow you to advertise in the following sections

Caddys & Cars For Sale
Parts For Sale

More than 251 posts

This one is easy, if you have contributed 251 & beyond posts then the following sections are FREE

Caddys & Cars For Sale
Parts For Sale
Wanted Ads

I am also going to introduce a breaking/garage clearout section. This will be a "paid for" section and I havent decided on the detail as yet, so I will introduce this in due course.

Again I am undecided what to do with ebay links as they do my nut in! So will ponder over this one!

I think you will agree with the new charges (some wont) as it benefits those who contribute to this website most.

Note:

For those who have kindly bought an "ads subscription", you will be getting a FULL rebate of your payment if you have completed over 251 posts :) Anyone less that this will recieve the difference unless they wish to "opt out"

These changes will take effect over the next few days

Al

dirtbikedave
01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
keep my pennies Al as it'll go towards the upkeep of the site :thumbs_up

Jon
02-12-2009, 12:16 AM
^^ as above :thumbs_up

mickw
02-12-2009, 12:25 AM
You can keep mine too.

dirtbikedave
02-12-2009, 12:30 AM
i started something here!
right everyone lend Alan S. your money so he can keep the site going/make his millions!

BigMonty
07-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Mine too Al. Keep the site as good as it is !

08-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I think this way is better, I personally stopped browsing through the classifieds but now will start again!

Is there a publicly known "donations" area? Recon since this site is worth its weight in gold a lot of people would be happy enough to chip in a bit - think of the garage bill savings!

caddyrage
08-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Haha, i just came on this topic to say you can keep my moneys so i can be a freeloader :D and others have already done it lol :td

Al
08-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Cheers fella's :td, you support is very much appreciated 8D

As you can see the classifieds are pretty much back as it was:) we do have some more tweeks to add to it but this wont effect its usage or function in the mean time.

If you are reading this and have under 250 posts and want to upgrade your account to do so then please go into your "User Control Panel" and scroll down the page to "paid subscriptions". Once you have upgraded you will automatically be able to post an ad.

If you are reading this and have over 251 posts and are unable to post in the classifieds for whatever reason then let me know here and I will take a look at your account :)

DubMonkey
09-12-2009, 08:51 AM
If you are reading this and have over 251 posts and are unable to post in the classifieds for whatever reason then let me know here and I will take a look at your account :)

A few people have reported this and using the log out button (top right) and then logging in again made it work, This only needs doing once.

Monkey

Dknight
18-12-2009, 10:52 PM
i think its a good move, as said already, i have been browsing the forum much more, infact its a bad thing, i dont want to buy another caddy!

damn you

but yes the workings of it like this i think work for everyone, buyers and sellers