PDA

View Full Version : hello

farmboy
25-01-2005, 01:40 AM
hi all!, just bough a '89 diesel caddy in bright yellow/green(ex AA maybe??).it's suprisingly solid underneath so im gonna get it recoated before any major rot sets in. tailgate is bowed a bit so i maybe on the look out for a better one. rear bumper sections are a bit dodgy to, so im looking for some new ones. dash has seen better days also, so i'd like to replace it, maybe using one from a different car??. got a few mods in mind: 1.9dt engine, 3/4 piece slider, fit out bed with ally chequer, oh and a re-spray is definitely on the cards; bright red maybe??. any helpfull advise/comments you guys can give would be much appreciated. . . . .

tekton
25-01-2005, 03:39 AM
Welcome! Bright red caddy to be seen here: http://www.vwcaddy.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3159

Jimmy
25-01-2005, 03:56 AM
welcome:)

ok, sliders are available thru our esteemed team leader and administrator, rear bumper leaves you with a few options - TRY and find the original two pieces in worthy condtion or have a look/ask around for a caddy sport item - better looking IMO if you must have a rear bumper. or smooth the rear and don't bother. or find a rollpan.....getting any ideas yet?;)

alloy chequerplate is expensive 'tho one or two lads have had their trucks done for reasonable costs (tho seems to be done as a one-off by friends/acquaintances who never want to do it again[xx(]).

as for a respray, down to personal choice but red? must be another slightly more inspiring colour you'd rather have? no? red it is then.:D

if you are new to the forum (i.e havent been lurking for a while) then so some searches for how to's, where-to-gets etc. if somethings not on here it aint worth knowing (or hasnt been done yet[:p])

finally 1.9 tdi would be ACE - there is one on the scene tho the name of the tuners who did it and owns the truck escapes me - by all accounts a very rapid 200bhp truck.[8D]

farmboy
25-01-2005, 04:12 AM
thanks for the tips guys. . . but what is a 'rollpan'???, does anybody know for any 'two piece' rear bumpers in good nick???

Jimmy
25-01-2005, 04:53 AM
post your requirements in the "wanted" section to find out...........
........and rollpan......... http://www.rangerpowersports.com/tech/exterior/images/rollpan.jpg

Volksmaster
25-01-2005, 02:48 PM
i'm gonna get my mate who's a master metalman to make my rollpan ehehehe. he owns all things metal.:D[}:)]

dub-ha8
25-01-2005, 07:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Volksmaster

i'm gonna get my mate who's a master metalman to make my rollpan ehehehe. he owns all things metal.:D[}:)]

Group buy on the cards maybe;);)

farmboy
26-01-2005, 01:23 AM
hey dub-ha8, how is the pas coming on???

Volksmaster
26-01-2005, 03:15 PM
yeah if i can commision him i'll speack with him lives in newcastle

Franxcaddy
27-01-2005, 04:49 AM
hey welcome to the best caddy forum around!

EILIR
27-01-2005, 11:00 AM
hi farmboy, which part of the country do you live?

farmboy
28-01-2005, 01:24 AM
bridgend, south wales . . . .