PDA

View Full Version : Our new Caddy

dieselblack
31-12-2004, 04:12 AM
Hello everyone

Tomorrow I should be picking up my new pick up...

http://www.onewhitesquare.com/stuff/our_caddy.jpg

Me and the misses have had 6 Golf GTi's between us - 3 Mk1's, 2 Mk2's, and a Mk3.

I'v always liked the Caddy, and now that we have a little terraced house that needs knocking into shape, I had the excuse I needed to go get one.

It's tatty, and has some hooky Audi alloys on it, but it was cheep and is going to get used as a builders van, so it doesn't need to look pretty ;)

I'm going to sort out the crusty door bottoms, and any other bits of rust to stop it going further, and probably perk the brakes up a bit, and stick some Mk2 GTi seats in it, I have a mint carpet in the loft which will go in, and some late Mk1 mirrors... That nasty ariel can go straight in the bin, and the back bumpers are a strange shape, so they will come off too... A tarp, or some kind of cover would be useful, so I need to look into that...

The other thing I was wondering was about fitting a turbo off the Mk2 turbo diesel [}:)] Is it easily do-able, or a very daft idea??

Cheers

caddyboy
31-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Doesn't look in bad shape, what did you pay for it?

dieselblack
11-01-2005, 03:49 AM
I got the Caddy for cheapness, a smidge over 300, and it had nearly a full tank of diesel :)

It's picked up the usual battle damage, but nothing serious. A blob of weld in the passenger footwell, and a splosh of brasso on the rear screen will do the trick.

Jimmy
11-01-2005, 03:57 AM
what size are those audi rims? are they in servicable condition?

dub-ha8
11-01-2005, 05:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jimmy

what size are those audi rims? are they in servicable condition?

Oh no here we go again...LMAO:)

m6m62
11-01-2005, 05:23 AM
Hi there. I bought my Caddy as a workhorse and it's been great. You won't regret it ! Had 10 6x6ft fence panels strapped down to the bed a few months back. Couldn't get them in a Transit van (I tried !). Used mine to move house earlier in the year (my excuse for buying it !). Looked great with a fridge freezer and cooker stood up in the back..... I'm doing up an old house at the moment and it's invaluable. If you're going to work it then my advice is to get at least one roof bar. That way you can carry long stuff in the bed without it touching the roof (I've had ladders, kitchen work tops, etc, etc, in mine). Loads of bungee straps and some ratchet straps will also come in handy. Not everyone likes them, but I found a load-liner also helps if you're constantly transporting rubble, etc. As for a bed cover, mine came with one and it is handy and looks neat. However, it does have it's drawbacks in that it collects water when it rains and takes on a life of it's own when you put your foot down.
All the best !
Mark

spenda
11-01-2005, 04:22 PM
hi dieselblack, that truck looks too nice to be a worker, oh well great bargain anyway, welcome to the forum.

ps i got a single roof bar to sell if you interested

dieselblack
12-01-2005, 04:44 AM
haha, yah it looks ok in the pic, but its got its fair share of dings n' dents, and the odd scratch too. Things i need to sort out are the drivers door (seems to have a hole appearing in the bottom corner (hinge side) and it's hinge seems to be lose (as in it drops when you open the door). I need to drop the front end slightly, sort out some dents on the roof, and weld up a little hole in the floor where some water has been getting in.

but the idea of a roof bar sounds good, might have to look into that idea :)

BTW- the audi rims are in good shape for their age, and are 14x6 with decent tyres... they'll be up for sale very soon ;)

cheers y'all

Darth Garry
22-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Welcome bro! That truck looks awesome! And also welcome to the dark side, fellow diesel driver!

Garry

Diesel
24-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Welcome. Nice looking little truck you've got there.