PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Scotland

lefthooker
09-10-2004, 02:55 AM
Hi everybody

My name is Stephen and I come from Hamilton which is about 15 miles south of Glasgow. Have been viewing the forum for a while now but have only just decided to contribute. I have owned most models of MK1 Golf since 1988 and currently have two RHDs a 1982 Cabrio Gli, and a 1983 1.5GX 5dr and three left hand drives a 1981 1.6GTi, a 1981 1.5CL and a 1979 1.1N. My daily driver is a 1994 Vento 1.8CL. And then there is my Caddy.......

I have a 1991 H plate Sport all original the only mod being rare Amil 15" alloys. It has had three owners and has done 124K. However it is very much a working vehicle and as a result is needing a bit of tidying. Will probably treat it to fresh paint after the summer.

However I prefer left hand drives so if anyone in the UK has a left hand drive Caddy they either want to sell or trade against my Sport please get in touch. And if it's an original 1.8 injection model (JH engine same as a UK sport) I'll bite your hand off !

Look forward to corresponding with you all

Stephen

caddyboy
09-10-2004, 02:58 AM
Hi Stephen, "Grey-J" on the forum is from Glasgow too! He'll be well excited as he thought I was closest to him, Newcastle!

And get some pics posted!:D

lefthooker
09-10-2004, 03:16 AM
Got pics - will post when I figure out how to compress pictures to put on to muchos. any advice appreciated.....

DubMonkey
09-10-2004, 04:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by lefthooker

Got pics - will post when I figure out how to compress pictures to put on to muchos. any advice appreciated.....

throw 'em my way mate, I'll host em on dubmonkey.co.uk - No compression needed!

Mail 'em to jim@dubmonkey.co.uk

Monkey

grey-j
09-10-2004, 05:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by caddyboy

Hi Stephen, "Grey-J" on the forum is from Glasgow too! He'll be well excited as he thought I was closest to him, Newcastle!

And get some pics posted!:D

Don't panic Caddyboy being a Geordie is as good as being Scottish, we'll still meet up an play at Carlisle....lol...:D

Welcome to the forum lefthooker. Where are you in Hamilton? I was working there for the past 3 years.

Drop me a mail and we can compare Cad notes sometime - I'm in Baillieston.

rossmc1
20-10-2004, 07:54 AM
[quote]Originally posted by lefthooker

Hi everybody

My name is Stephen and I come from Hamilton which is about 15 miles south of Glasgow. Have been viewing the forum for a while now but have only just decided to contribute. I have owned most models of MK1 Golf since 1988 and currently have two RHDs a 1982 Cabrio Gli, and a 1983 1.5GX 5dr and three left hand drives a 1981 1.6GTi, a 1981 1.5CL and a 1979 1.1N. My daily driver is a 1994 Vento 1.8CL. And then there is my Caddy.......

I have a 1991 H plate Sport all original the only mod being rare Amil 15" alloys. It has had three owners and has done 124K. However it is very much a working vehicle and as a result is needing a bit of tidying. Will probably treat it to fresh paint after the summer.

However I prefer left hand drives so if anyone in the UK has a left hand drive Caddy they either want to sell or trade against my Sport please get in touch. And if it's an original 1.8 injection model (JH engine same as a UK sport) I'll bite your hand off !

Look forward to corresponding with you all

Stephen

That 3 Scottish Caddy now,gettng common,im also in Glasgow,and also own a lhd mk1,i nearly bought a lhd Canadian Import Caddy on ebay a few months back(missed the end of auction and cried for 2 hrs after when i go home and realised)it had full bronze glass with 3 piece slider and opening quarters,s had other good stufff too,but i only wanted it for the glass for my own,so there is a LHD Caddy out there somewhere if i find it i'll see u it,and if u find it i give u a kidney or a lung or somethin for the glass,anyway good luck with the search,im converting my LHD to RHD so will have a super clean complete dash for sale if intrested

lefthooker
21-10-2004, 05:15 AM
Very interested in all of the LHD stuff i.e. dash, rack, throttle & clutch cables etc etc. - will PM you in next day or so.

Phantom
07-12-2004, 01:40 AM
hey there in Hamilton, I'll be closer than any of them! I live near dumfries, owned my caddy for 2 years and just gettin round t pimpim it now! got a few probs i need t sort out before she's ready for paint. then some pics will be posted.[8D]