PDA

View Full Version : Hoezit

m@
04-09-2004, 06:49 PM
hey you crazy caddy community, first time on the site and I'm impressed, not bad what you can do with half a golf and a load bin!
I'm from South Africa, but currently stuck on contract in the North of Zambia while my Caddy is sitting at home....SUX!!! My lady has the 1.8 8v GTi engine with an aftermarket EFI system, a 276 Cam and 50mm free flow exhaust. Suspension Wise, the front has had a 40mm drop while the rear has been dropped 20mm and stiffened with an aftermarket torsion spring (Yup, she works for a living, so I don't want the arches ripping the rubber to shreds)also, the torsion spring really improves handling from what I experienced as stock standard.
She has a nice, little ICE system compromising of a JVC MP3 player head unit, 750W amplifier, 10" Sub, 5.25" Mids and Tweeters.
Next on the list of Mods is a complete freeflow, porting and Valve Job, then the 276 Cam comes out, a G-Cam goes in along with some VW Caravelle 2.1 Pistons (4mm lower Deck Height) and a supercharger. As I said, She does work so I'd rather have low to mid range grunt than a more powerful top end and turbo lag.
The thing I want to know is: what is the best transplant brake system to put in a caddy? Which dubs should i be looking for in the scrap yards in South Africa? Should be plenty of experience among you seasoned caddy campaigners.
Cheers 4 now

Darth Garry
04-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. I have to say this because it's my job - If you want more low end grunt, drop in a diesel dude!

Haha.

Happy posting,

Garry

m@
05-09-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm drininvg diesels all the time up here in Zambia, not the same kind of push you back in your seat accelaration is there;)? Think I'll stick to petrol for now, I like spark plugs.......

zelreth
06-09-2004, 07:18 PM
great to have you on here...another petrol south africa caddy owner....you guys are growing.

cHiLLi
06-09-2004, 11:34 PM
would have to say so my self! :) hi M@ hope you enjoy your stay! :)
your caddy sounds great! nice i want to see some pics soon dude! :);) only thing about sound in a caddy is that in SA they are .. like top ten for cAR THEFT and ICE makes it even more risky, i have a little portable mp3 playa in mine so i just unplugg it .. put it in my pocket and go ! :) ( sieze of a match box! :D later

m@
09-09-2004, 07:24 PM
cHiLLi, don't even tell me bout theft! I've had mine stolen once already!!!! Got it back bout 2 weeks later minus the 17 inch rims and the previous sound system, they even tried to nick the control box for the electronic fuel injection (must've thought it was another amplifier)... Man, I was sick the morning I got up and it was gone... I've done some nasty things to the circuitry since then (gotta love fuel pumps). So hopefully it isn't as easy to boost now.

m@
10-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Uploaded the solitary photo I have of my caddy. Sorry bout the quality[:I]

cHiLLi
13-09-2004, 10:06 PM
ouch man thats got to suck! fuel cut off ! seems best!
but here they just hitch your cab on a
trailer and cruise !! [V]

m@
13-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I figured that was how they nicked it the first time. Some of the most creative minds in SA are into car theft. I've actually seen someone steal a car with a tow truck before. Just drove up,acted like they were supposed to be there, hitched up a ford laser and drove away. About 15 minutes later some lady came out of the mall and just started freaking. Only realised then that they had stolen the car. Unbelievable!!! You just can't avoid a really determined car thief anymore!

kevlar
14-09-2004, 02:31 PM
welcome! did i miss the pic?

m@
14-09-2004, 10:28 PM
For some reason, it didn,t want to stay in my signature. Check the pic out in my profile though.;)