PDA

View Full Version : Finally got 1

Pablo
01-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Well I thought it was about time I said hello.
I live in the east mids J28 M1, but born n bred in geordieland.

I get my 1st caddy next week once my cheque has cleared.
Its a van atm which will be decapitated with immediate effect, man its FUGLY, 1.6D in black, body work is sound apart from one of the rear arches which has a bit of bodge on it.
Its seems so heavy to steer but very light in a straigh line, he told me he had replaced the front shocks recently so I reckon he maybe has messed up the geometry? any other thoughts?

Well thats me, no doubt I will be asking stoopid Q`s but bare with me eh.

Pablo

caddyboy
01-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Hey, a fellow Geordie! Where about you from? I'm North Shields.

Pablo
01-09-2004, 04:54 PM
From the capital, Newcastle :D, Denton Burn to be exact.
I used to love Tynemouth, surfing in me kayak, Ahhh.....those were the days.

caddyboy
01-09-2004, 05:40 PM
I used to surf, might start up again. Me & me mates have just bought longboard skateboards to cruise the sea front, 4ft long!

B1G VR
02-09-2004, 12:41 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Pablo

Well I thought it was about time I said hello.
I live in the east mids J28 M1, but born n bred in geordieland.

I get my 1st caddy next week once my cheque has cleared.
Its a van atm which will be decapitated with immediate effect, man its FUGLY, 1.6D in black, body work is sound apart from one of the rear arches which has a bit of bodge on it.
Its seems so heavy to steer but very light in a straigh line, he told me he had replaced the front shocks recently so I reckon he maybe has messed up the geometry? any other thoughts?

Well thats me, no doubt I will be asking stoopid Q`s but bare with me eh.

Pablo
[/quote 1, Have you checked the tyre pressures?2,Lift the front of your caddy and make sure you can turn the steering wheel lock to lock and feel no tightness in the rack[if the rack self centres out of a corners it probably ok]if that is ok it must be your geometry as you said.Where the strut bolts to the hub you can adjust the camber and even if he did not adjust the trackrod ends this will also adjust the tracking so maybe the tracking and camber need to be reset.:)

Pablo
02-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the input VR6 I will check it out next week when I get it.