PDA

View Full Version : Picking up a Caddy in 2 weeks.

JKnowledge
02-08-2004, 10:51 PM
I will be the proud owner of a caddy when I pick it up in two weeks. It is a diesel (Not sure yet of displacement or model year). It has been in an accident, it was hit from the back, crushing the bed on the side, and the front right corner needs a little work from where it was pushed into the car in front of it. The current owner has pulled the side dent most of the way out, but now it has drill holes from the puller that he used. He says the oil pressure runs at about 18psi when idling after the truck warms up, is this anything to be terribly concerned about? I am looking to use this as a work truck more than anything, but would like to make it look a little cleaner eventually. If anyone has any thoughts as to what else I should look for, please let me know.

P.S. This is a great site you guys have here. I have already found some great info.

zelreth
03-08-2004, 08:42 AM
hey, welcome to the "club" not sure on the oil pressure bit, one of the diesel owners...garry maybe...could tell you more on that. hope you enjoy your caddy as much as most of us on here

JKnowledge
18-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Well, I picked it up on Sunday, and it is in decent shape. The interior is in great shape, just needs to be cleaned. The body needs work, how much I will do, I am not sure. Maybe just use this as a transporter, and find a cleaner one later on. The battery needed to be jumped to get it home, and after 35 - 45 minutes of driving monday night, still did not charge enough to crank the truck. Autozone tester says "Charge and retest", so I'm having it charged. It is a 550 cold cranking amp battery, is this sufficient for these trucks? I am thinking I probably need a new battery, and want to find one that can hack the VA winters. Nothing to severe, but cold sometimes none the less. Been browsing this sight for a couple of weeks now. Great source of info!!

mortskeg
19-08-2004, 12:21 AM
JKnow-
My diesel 81 came with a megatourque 75 batter with 670 CCA and it has worked very well and been trouble free. It has even helped me out to get the thing going when my glow plugs failed and I had to sit there and crank and crank to get the compression up. Thought I would burn up the starter for sure but 5 years later they are still working like champs.

Woobn8r
19-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Jknow...Welcome to "the best d*mn forum on the planet!"

actually billed as "The Worlds No.1 Caddy Community"