PDA

View Full Version : d***head !

nick
01-08-2004, 03:40 AM
howdy getting this all wrong - postings all over the place sorry regulars.

i'm a very excited new caddict - just bought a 56K miles old fella owned well cherished caddy van for 700 - it's well clean kreg 92. interested to see if i can convert it to a pickup again easily enough , find out where to get tailgate etc nickand see if i got a reasonable deal.....?

cheers

wannabe

zelreth
01-08-2004, 08:02 AM
welcome to the forum...whats up with that title man? i think all you have to do is take the bed shell off. i'm sure you can source a good tail gate over there

nick
01-08-2004, 11:38 AM
it refers to my in stupidity failing to use the site properly - i have posted stuff all over it before i found this section...cheers for reply - genuinely excited at the prospect of creating special pick-up but all new territory. i'm particularly liking the idea of grey paintwork - and interested to see how folks have come up with solutions for sounds over and above the insubstantial standard centre speaker.

hopefully someone will tip me off about best suppliers in the uk....

cheers wannabe

nick
01-08-2004, 11:44 AM
ps - dyslexic by the way so apologies for spelling etc..

nick
01-08-2004, 11:46 AM
i will be trying to remove the shell today - it has proper lockable double doors on the back is this van version something vw produced in the uk ?

B1G VR
01-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Yes. They were available in the uk but there are not many around,Admin has already converted a van to a pickup,Once you have removed the van top and rear doors,you will need a tailgate and the mountings from a scrap caddy as you will have to cut them out and weld them into yours,as the van did not come with the fittings for a tailgate.:)

caddyboy
01-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Or fit a Pronet?

zelreth
01-08-2004, 04:52 PM
you guys over there have a lot of pronets i take it. that would be more simple (it sounds) than fitting the correct tail gate

Woobn8r
01-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Nick,

Welcome, the more the merrier.

If you're that excited now...Just wait till you learn the secert "Caddy Salute" and get your decoder ring...

Cheers,

Sean

Darth Garry
01-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. We'll see about letting you in on the "salute" ha ha ha!

Garry

caddyboy
02-08-2004, 12:14 AM
I might get the "salute" on the back of the tee's, with "Keep on truckin'" underneath it?

nick
02-08-2004, 12:55 PM
thanks for replies - in my ignorance might i ask what a pronet is...?

getting the haynes bible today ( hopefully ) guess it will be a mk1 golf issue as i don;t expect to get a caddy one.

as for tailgate is it a scrappy hunt or can i get one ( as i cannot wait! ) from a dealer - any special suppliers anyone can suggest would be cool.

kev's caddy got my juices flowing - my wife is becoming increasingly concerned about by new distraction!

Jimmy
02-08-2004, 01:13 PM
tailgates in good condition are a bit like rocking horse s**t and can be hard on the wallet.

heres a pronet - http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=65109&item=7914169163&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

nick
02-08-2004, 08:40 PM
i get the pronet idea - might make one of those ( although would prefer that tasty pressed metal tail ).

this afternoon is my first day getting my hands dirty trying to get the van attachment off! not having much luck - i've unscrewed everything ( despite rust welding things on )including the doors and rails but my expectation of the whole thing just popping off has not happened......

calling caddy van converters - what am i doing wrong. is it a battle against silicon seal or am i missing something....?

any knowledge appreciated

caddyboy
02-08-2004, 09:40 PM
look on USA ebay for a pronet.Or ask one of the US guys to send you one.;)