PDA

View Full Version : Hello Caddy Forum

Middlebrooks
24-07-2004, 05:30 AM
Thought I'd introduce myself. I lurked around the forum a bunch before we finally got our Caddy, you guys helped me get a feel on what to look for and what to expect. Bought a '82 Diesel about four months ago, the best we'd seen after looking for a couple months. Had about 135,000, straight all over minus two small dings up front, no rust, new paint and undercoating, new seats/carpeting, canopy. Like Curly, we plan on doing a veggie conversion. We're cheap though so we're going to be piecing it together slowly over time. In the meantime we've been using processed veggie oil (BioDiesel) with a co-op we belong too. Most of the people in our co-op run the newer TDIs or else Mercedes, no other Caddy's yet.
Since getting the Caddy we've added CD/MP3 player, new speakers in dash and doors, bicycle/cargo rack, center caps, grill emblem, rearview, new bulbs, and tracked down every last rattle from the interior. We just got rear-ended the other day so we're getting a new tailgate too. Future work includes: mainly veggie conversion, also fix AC, fix brights, wheel well trim, install spare tire rack under bed???(was considering adding second tank in place), track down various tidbits we're missing.
Also- Are there any female members here? This truck is a joint project between my partner and I and she wanted to know if there are any Caddy girls out there too. If someone wants to fill me in on how to post a picture I could probably get one up here.

P4ulo
24-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Hi Will, welcome to the fun of caddy ownership form across the pond in England.
Sounds like you got yourself a beauty of a caddy there, you must be the envy of your co-op?!
Cheers
Paul.

Woobn8r
24-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Hello Will,

Welcome from your neighbours to the North...

You have found the best forum on the WEB...

Hope you brought your sense of humour....

Sean