bert
19-05-2004, 08:10 PM
name-robert sunderhus
age-23
1st job-teacher assistant
2nd job-home improvement
3rd job-auto mechanics
hobbies-auto customizing

I am a vag man since i can rember. father bought a 73 super bee for me before i could drive, still working on it. every auto after was a volkswagen. never knew they made a truck untill i got lost going to the ocean and saw it on the side of the road for sale. called him that day and aranged to pick it up. so now here i am. and thanks to all of you this is the nicest car i have ever owned.

this is a pic of when i first bought it minus all of the white stuff

http://muchos.co.uk/members/bet/27-1.jpg

http://muchos.co.uk/members/bet/31.jpg

dont know what the hell i was thinking when i painted the white

http://muchos.co.uk/members/bet/91.jpg

after a little body work

some more whit stuff, hit a curb which inspired the body work and color change

http://muchos.co.uk/members/bet/86.jpg

allthough not a professional customizer, i do all!!! my work myself. and what i dont know allready i teach myself. the only way i can aford this hobbie. the only work i am not going to do is my graffx on the side of her, due to absolutly no artistic skills. but found this really hot chick thats gonna do it for free.[8)]

bert
19-05-2004, 08:13 PM
o ya what you think about the rims. amazing what a little spray paint can do. i used a rim paint from local auto parts stor.

mossrite
19-05-2004, 11:24 PM
looks pretty good. i like the engine bay look also. did you sell the tear drops, or are they still around?

bert
19-05-2004, 11:41 PM
still here good condition too, tires suck but have on tire thats never been mounted. where are you at, ill let them go with the single tire for damn near nothing. would be even happier to trade if you have anyting interesting.

did anyone notice the 87 gti in the background of the first pic. was my pride and joy right before the caddy.

mossrite
20-05-2004, 05:32 AM
email sent

Woobn8r
20-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Bert,

You have a nice project going there.

What are your plans for 'er?.

bert
21-05-2004, 12:50 AM
mossrite-
email sent ?? not to me atleast i am vwcaddy1983@yahoo.com

woodn8r-
short term plans are to get it on the road.the only thing i havent changed on her so far is under the hood and rear axle flip which i am not going to do. filled in the indent along the side that is what the primer is for. finishing molding the body and finally get to paint her. going for copper with a s**t load of pearl and then take a break for a couple of years

long term plans include a 2.0 16v tt, take about 4" off the top, and a better paint job.

dream plans, now if any body lives my dream before me i will personally come pay you a unplesant visit. lol but for real whaen i hit the loto i am going to put a twin turbo w12, all wheel drive. for us american fellas the motor is in the newest bently, and the all wheel drive just came on the r32.

P4ulo
21-05-2004, 03:03 AM
4" off the top, is this the fabled "Roof Chop Caddy" we all dream of???
Yes please mate!!!!

caddyboy
21-05-2004, 04:54 AM
Personally I like a roof chop but i reckon a Caddy would look sh*t!

P4ulo
22-05-2004, 01:39 AM
I think that might be a bit strong mate, lets wait and see eh....?

caddyboy
22-05-2004, 05:25 AM
I just don't think it would look right. If I took 4" out the height I'd have to pop my head out the sunroof! Just take the whole thing off!! In my opinion it would be much better. I am only expressing MY opinion though.

P4ulo
22-05-2004, 06:20 AM
I reckon I could spare the 4inches above me head.
After all, luckily they dropped height restrictions on my job, cos I'm only 5'10"!!
Besides, if you mount different seats and amend the dash, you can do anything dude!
I think I'd only do it if I had an endless pocket full of money though!!!
I appreciate your opinion comrade, thats what the forum is all about, you're just wrong!(jk)

mossrite
22-05-2004, 08:38 AM
i'm with yah paulo, someone has gotta attempt project, cuz it would be the s**t!

bert
25-05-2004, 06:30 PM
thqnks for everyones opinon, good or bad. just like to know what everyone is thinking.

caddyboy- iwas atempting the chop first cause if i fuct it up i could allways go for the convertibale look. would have to be hard top though.

thanks angin everyone

Al
25-05-2004, 07:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by P4ulo

I reckon I could spare the 4inches above me head.

Wouldnt that interfere with your perm LUV[:X]:D

P4ulo
26-05-2004, 01:40 AM
hehehe. Nah, I prefer it short sweetie!!!

caddyboy
26-05-2004, 02:55 AM
Just like your skirts! LOL