PDA

View Full Version : CHEVY S-10 ROLLPAN

spenda
19-04-2004, 05:50 PM
GUYS
GOT A BLOKE IN THE STATES WHO'S AGREED TO SHIP ME ONE OF THESE AS THAT SHADY LAST SECOND BIDDING GIT AKA LESTOR ONE[}:)](WELL DONE MATE YOU BEAT ME BY ABOUT 3 SECONDS[xx(]) WON THAT ONE ON E-BAY.

WAT NEED TO KNOW IS WHAT YEAR DO I NEED AS THEY ARE ADVERTISED E.G. 82-94 ETC

LETSER YOU FITTED THAT ONE YET[?][?][?]

zelreth
19-04-2004, 05:58 PM
basically, the s-10 had zero changes in the bumper area during those years. all roll pans from that era would be the same

spenda
19-04-2004, 07:20 PM
thanks zelreth
so this would be fine 4 the caddy with simple adjustment???

lesta
19-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Spenda sorry bout that man[:I] not arrived yet:( keep you informed;)

spenda
19-04-2004, 10:59 PM
no hard feelings lester i thought it was funny actually you spawny git.
seeing if can get one from states anyway. would you mind giving me an update when you fit yours. u gonna give me a price on them springs??????
cheers

zelreth
21-04-2004, 05:30 AM
well, i havn't done the mod myself, so i'm not sure what all is involved. i have read on here that it isn't much though. i do know that the body style of the s-10 did not change at the bumper area during those years

spenda
28-04-2004, 06:39 PM
ANY CHANCE ONE OF YOU GUYS STATES SIDE COULD HAVE A LOOK INTO THIS FOR ME??? I,E. COST & SHIPPING TO UK. IN RETURN I COULD SEND YOU SOME EURO STUFF? I HAV A NEW SPARE GRILL & NEW BOSCH ROUND HEADLAMPS YOU BOYS SEEM TO LIKE? ANY TAKERS FOR A ROLL PAN IN RETURN????????
I BELEIVE WE'D BOTH BE GETTING A GOOD DEAL

s**t FORGOT YOU BOY'S NEED THE FENDERS, HOWEVER IT CUD BE ARRANGED

Diesel
03-05-2004, 05:12 AM
We might be able to work something out. Let me look into it. We can get the fenders from a cabriolet.

bert
03-05-2004, 07:19 PM
I will look into it just need to know the year. I like the headlight idea but really looking for a bumper bracket. bought a body kit and they told me i need a euro bumper bracket. im not sure exactly what will do more home work when i find the rollpan.

bert
03-05-2004, 09:52 PM
just looked on ebay and they had a few mainly 94 and newer roll pans the are going for 35 dollars for factory and up to 140 for after market.

spenda
04-05-2004, 10:12 PM
cheers guys
bert i will get you a euro bumper bracket and post it out to you if you will look into sending me a roll pan. when you say year what do you mean? of my truck or the rollpan? ithink pre 94 s-10. also could you explain factory & after market.
thanks diesal would still be gratefull for any info or assistance.

bert
05-05-2004, 12:40 AM
looking into someone making a bolt on one for our trucks. also inquired about a bolton air bag kit.

emailed you pic of s-10 rollpans he has made.

never mind about the year question didnt read all the thread before responding.

I just descovered a euro rabbit bumper and was wondering if you could look into also.
there is a pic of it on www.vwvortex.com click on fourms, click on volkswagen, click mk1, scroll down to click on caddy hauling the goods

spenda
05-05-2004, 03:06 PM
will look in to it & get back to u bill, cheers

lesta
05-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Spenda, How much is a roll-pan costing from the states[?]
May have change of plan[?]

spenda
05-05-2004, 03:50 PM
LESTA, I'M LOOKIN AT ABOUT A BUDGET OF:-

20/$40 FOR THE ROLLPAN & ABOUT 30/$60 TO SHIP = 50/$100

THIS IS BASED ON WAT THERE GOING FOR ON EBAY & HOW MUCH I'VE BEEN PAYING TO HAVE BMX'S SHIPPED OVER. THE PLAN IS TO GET BERT, DEISEL OR 1 A THE OTHER GUYS TO SHIP ME ONE IN EXCHANGE FOR SENDING SOM@ THEY NEED FROM OVER HERE.

STILL WANT THEM SPRINGS & DAMPERS IF YOU DIDN'T SELL @ INTERS

lesta
05-05-2004, 04:10 PM
No probs M8, will be taking the shocks and roll-pan with me so if your there you can take a look;)

spenda
05-05-2004, 04:43 PM
LESTA
SORY THOUGHT INTERS LAST WEEKEND BUT WONT BE GOIN SO YOU UP FOR GETTING RID OR YOU TAKING TO INTERS? WHY DID'NT YOU FIT THE ROLL PAN?

lesta
05-05-2004, 05:12 PM
I`am taking it all to inters, change of plan for the rear havent seen the roll-pan, still in packing.

duct-tape
09-05-2004, 11:22 AM
you want to find anything in the states, go here: http://car-part.com if you find somethiing in the state of georgia, let me know i can make arrangements.

spenda
10-05-2004, 06:51 PM
cheers duct tape will let you know and if u need uk stuff jus giv us a shout

bert
10-05-2004, 07:41 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=4167499557&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

here is a aftermarket one i can get for you or can get you a steel one. let me know and i will buy it by this friday.

there is a bumper bracket on ebay i might bid on. i will let you know if i get that or not.

did you check on that bumper i asked about?

spenda
10-05-2004, 09:28 PM
bert need to know exactly wat your after you didn't say year, a1/a2 etc giv me a bit more of an idea and will get onto it asap. is the one on ebay in uk, give us the item number & will know then wat you need
cheers pal
ps thats the roll pan i'm after & the bloke was gonna ship me one out however he wanted about $140 shipping, could you find out which would be lighter (weight)re steel or fibre

bert
10-05-2004, 10:55 PM
the bracket is us based and only going for 20 or 30 dollars
i sent you a email of what bumper i was talking about.
the fiber one should be alot lighter
send me you shipping address so i could figure out the shipping.
vwcaddy1983@yahoo.com

spenda
10-05-2004, 10:58 PM
bert
didn't get the e-mail only the one with the roll pans can you re-send.
worth getting bracket if you can will mail you my add
go for fibre if lighter
cheers mate

bert
11-05-2004, 12:20 AM
the pic is on www.vwvortex.com. go to torums, volkswagen, mk1, then you have to scroll down and find where there are page numbers. you need page 8, only goest to 7 so go to the drop down menue and choose list all pages when you find page eight scroll down and find the title caddy hauling the goods.

spenda
14-05-2004, 04:19 PM
got it bert, it was on page 13, so that is the one you want. did you get the bracket??? how much you lookin at paying because these don't come cheap? especially with shipping on top.

bert
17-05-2004, 07:35 PM
got your rollpan. the fiberglass one you liked better. got it for a local kid for a good price. did alot of husling to get him down for 80 to 40.00 dollars. email me with your shipping info and should get it out to you some time this weak.

and if you could get a rough pice just for the bumper and shipping i will deal with later when i know what i am working with. never shiped over the pond before but my brother has and said you can ship standby and it is really cheap but will take about a month or two to get the package do you know anything about this.

how would you like me to ship the rollpan

spenda
17-05-2004, 09:09 PM
hi bert
you are 'da man' much respect! great deal. shipping, yeah send it ship standby/surface mail, it will probably take about six weeks but thats cool gotta finish the bed first anyway. have had a few bmx's sent over this way & yeah it is quite cheap. make sure it is marked as a gift though as i will have to pay even more when it arrives (last time this happened had to pay extra 42 / about $90 to get released). i think that bumper is part of a bbs kit. do you like the a2 big bumper? Paulo has one on his. have a look & tell me wat you think? they're about 30 - 50 / $65 - $100. however if you see the one you like on ebay, alert me & will get it 4 u. how can i pay you for the pan? did you get the bumper bracket off e-bay? not a bd price
will mail you my address thanks again buddy

bert
17-05-2004, 09:59 PM
I will make sure to mark gift, that sucks. didnt get the brackets damn computer. i really like the look of the bbs bumper. not so common over here. you always see the a2 big bumper. how do you search the uk based e-bay. you dont need to pay me for the pan if we exchanging parts i just need to figure out what i wont and figure out the diffrence.

spenda
17-05-2004, 10:09 PM
NO PROBS MATE. WHENEVER YOU READY LET ME KNOW WAT YOU NEED, I'LL KEEP AN EYE OUT DAILY ON EBAY FOR THAT BUMPER. UK E-BAY - CHANGE COUNTRY ON SEARCH AND REFER TO PARTS AS MK1 GOLF OR CADDY

spenda
18-05-2004, 02:53 PM
bert sory mate don't know iof any one can tell you otherwise but think that font end is part of a clipper kit clipper from a a1 cabriolet

phattycaddy
05-06-2004, 11:05 PM
OK i am here to answer all questions. Im in the states and i have an s-10 rollpan on my caddy....casue i rock lol.....You need pre 1994 for it to werk. I bought mine from a site that only ships to the US. You can buy them in metal or fiberglass, with or without a liscense plate recess.(the liscense plate recess wouldnt help you fellas cause ur plates are bigger. I got mine for $160 plus shipping to my house. I think it was $200 when it was all said and done.

Now making my fiberglass rollpan is a pain in my a$$. It takes alot of werk and test fitting and test fitting and retrying and retrying but once it is all said an done i think it is 100% worth it.

Finally before u all start asking, here is a pick of it...it is obvioulsy not done but just to give you blokes an idea of what it looks like..... http://www.dubevolution.com/mike/rollpanrear.jpg

mossrite
06-06-2004, 03:15 AM
well, you can technically use the post '94 pans, but they don't look as clean/good

Woobn8r
23-06-2004, 10:16 PM
I just ordered an aftermarket steel roll pan for a 1993 Chevy S-10 from the local chevy dealer $ 320.00 CAD...I'll have it by friday...

Keep you posted

George
10-07-2004, 04:14 PM
I am actually making my own out of steel. I will post pics when it it done (2 weeks), I cut a peice of steel to the needed size and I am curving it around a pipe to match the bottom of the taillight housings. Then I am going to weld steel plates that match the curvature every foot or so to ensure it keeps its shape. I have already curved it on an english wheels to get the basic shape.

Diesel
10-07-2004, 08:11 PM
I would think it would be easier to make one on a set of rollers, and then hit the edges with a break to get he mounting flanges.

George
12-07-2004, 10:12 AM
I agree, But sadly I do not have access to a set of rollers.

Woobn8r
12-07-2004, 10:21 PM
I have my steel S-10 pan...needs cutting at each end but the rest measures up real nice...

euro-90
13-07-2004, 09:15 AM
hi,I did some research on VW , this is fun if you whant to add some side fender skirt to you caddy, this what you need the frond fender skirt from a GTI rabbit 85 whit the front spoiler and this is the fun part the fender skirt for the back you need to find a Jetta 81 it just bolt in real simple to do. Have fun,If you whant to see some photo just send a e-mail this is my mail vwracingaz@hotmail.com