PDA

View Full Version : hello im new to the forume and proud to say i have a caddy

seb stewart
27-08-2007, 07:59 PM
hello ok im dyslexic so il try to make this simple! im 19 passed my test a month ago and decyded after over 2 years off wonting a caddy i should get 1 4 my first car and i have got 1 now yay :cheers: . chek the link 4 pics it should work. tell me what you think.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=39703&l=2403d&id=780905380

seb

shabby_caddy
27-08-2007, 08:26 PM
hey, welcome to the forum, wise choice for your first car! i had to put up with a 106 for my first car which gave me endless problems, the caddy hardly any and is another 7 years older than the 106 i had lol. What are the plans and you planing to go to any shows?

seb stewart
27-08-2007, 08:39 PM
thanks haha im glad u sed that i wos guna get a 1.5 or a 1.6 durv 106 but i decyded to get this insted and now all my frends think im mad. well plans i dont have mutch of an income at the mo so realy so just fiting any rust and keeping it on the road till i get a proper job. altho realy whont some new wheels and thinking of most sutibul way of droping it. um might go to some shows never realy been to meny thers a couple litul ones near me a vw in oswestry and anouther in rednul i dont know if thats how u spell rednul :i_dont_kn
seb

darrenr
27-08-2007, 09:04 PM
welcome to the forum seb :thumbs_up
the caddy looks well slamed in the lower pic 8D
enjoy your truck :music:

seb stewart
27-08-2007, 09:07 PM
welcome to the forum seb :thumbs_up
the caddy looks well slamed in the lower pic 8D
enjoy your truck :music:

haha the majic photo shop :)

B1G VR
27-08-2007, 10:05 PM
welcome,nice reflection in the glass pic 8. :)

seb stewart
27-08-2007, 10:14 PM
haha cheers bud thats my sister she loves the caddy shes taken prity much evry pictur that i have of it so far and trimd my door cards :)

waterboy
27-08-2007, 10:33 PM
looks good fella that is gonna be a good project get it slammed a little on some nice wheels and it will look fookin ace :thumbs_up

The best parts changing bits yourself, enjoy the caddy :)

seb stewart
27-08-2007, 10:48 PM
cheers ye im working on it. i dont know how i wont to lower the bak cos i need to cary hevy stuff but i dont know wot ther like with fliped axel and i think with the plates it brings my axel a bit low to the ground cos my dads lives in a woods and his trak is off road and most cars which arnt lowerd scrap on it so i dno :i_dont_kn

Carbon
28-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Welcome - good choice of car :thumbs_up 8D

shabby_caddy
28-08-2007, 02:30 PM
dont lower it dude, be part of the unlowered group!

seb stewart
28-08-2007, 02:42 PM
dont lower it dude, be part of the unlowered group!

my dads trak is so bad i dont think i will be able to. and if it carnt get up the trak my dad wont stop taking the piss out of it. so 4 the sake of the caddys rep i might have to leave it standurd 4 bit. dose any one know wot caddys are like off road?

RatFink
28-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Nice to see another Wales Caddy owner, can't view pics tho, gutted! Work block face book!

seb stewart
28-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Nice to see another Wales Caddy owner, can't view pics tho, gutted! Work block face book!

cool :) where abouts in wales are you? im in powys. sorry about the pics i wos going to do them as thumb nails but i spent ages trying to resiz them so i could put them up. it cept turning them to balck and white pics :i_dont_kn so i gave up on that.

just took a look at ur sport looks 8D wish myne wos as strate and clean as that

Darth Garry
28-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Leave it standard height, you won't regret it. Standard height is cool!

Offroad? Not horrible for a 2wd vehicle. I think it's more about the driver than the car. Not a lot of ground clearance, obviously, especially lowered! Diesel's got good torque for that type of thing, don't know if the gasser would be as good. YOu can actually raise the front a few inches if you want pretty easily that will help, but still lacks 4wd.

Garry

seb stewart
28-08-2007, 05:32 PM
yes i made shur i got a Diesel i havent sed yet have i. its a 1.6d. i supos its good that its FWD because my dads hilux is RWD and when its wet he has to go in to 4WD because its light on the back end.
well so far im thinking about keeping it standurd then. i wos thinking about the lowering plates cos thy looked prity easy to take off?

kevstruck
28-08-2007, 06:08 PM
i noticed your sisters reflection in pic 8 aswell, can we have a proper pic of her please. cos this is a friendly family site and everyone is welcome :thumbs_up

oh and caddy looks good to

seb stewart
28-08-2007, 06:12 PM
i noticed your sisters reflection in pic 8 aswell, can we have a proper pic of her please. cos this is a friendly family site and everyone is welcome :thumbs_up

oh and caddy looks good to

well i asked her and she sed " say they can have a piccy of my car as its alot nicer"

so hear you go

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/danxs/Golf/DSCF1703.jpg

P4ulo
28-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Nice car by the way sis. lol.

Welcome along bruv,
don't worry about the typing,
its still better than alot of the tools who use that damned text speak!

No wot I mean m8?

Truck looks good, what plans,
raise it high!

seb stewart
28-08-2007, 10:21 PM
haha sorry non of that! i try not to replace leters fot numbers and all that. plans forr the caddy keep on changing on a daly basis. i would like one of thows metal sun visors but a nice one. i have seen a lot on hear which dont quite do it for me. need some wheels but i have long arguments with my frends about what wheels. at the moment iv just put some 2 way speakers in need a hed unit. and i would like to swop the 1.6d with a 1.6td. hight whiys i dont know if im going up or down :i_dont_kn . im up 4 sugestions tho

regcheeseman
29-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I've got plates, you do not want them on wood tracks, i've about 40mm before the shock mounts dig in.

Had to plough my way out of a field at the end of a festival t'other weekend.

Offroad the caddy works better in reverse.

Jimmy
29-08-2007, 07:40 PM
welcome,nice reflection in the glass pic 8. :)

Dirty old man......

good work :thumbs_up

Welcome to the forum Seb, where in Wales are you? Forget the load lugging, slam the b1tch :D :thumbs_up

seb stewart
29-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I've got plates, you do not want them on wood tracks, i've about 40mm before the shock mounts dig in.

Had to plough my way out of a field at the end of a festival t'other weekend.

Offroad the caddy works better in reverse.

balls i need mor than 40mill the trak is prity rutted and its not so easy to plow throw big bits slate. i gess i could park and walke the trak is only about 400 meters long. dont think i would like to revers up it. its a norow trak on the side fo a valy and i still have 1 of thows plastic bak windows which u carnt see throw. but reversing might be handy if i get stuk in the field. so i ges that leaves me with the axle flip unless any 1 has any outher way?

cheers for the advice bud :thumbs_up

seb stewart
29-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Dirty old man......

good work :thumbs_up

Welcome to the forum Seb, where in Wales are you? Forget the load lugging, slam the b1tch :D :thumbs_up

cheers i am from mid wales Powys nearist big town is shrewsbury i live right on the border

i carnt propuly slam the caddy i have to mutsh sh**t to lug ther would be some un happy people if i couldent lug my sh**t! but i would like to slam it :thumbs_up

Jimmy
29-08-2007, 08:57 PM
nice countryside and roads up there - most of my immediate family live in newtown and the surrounding area - bit quiet for me but fun on the 'bike 8D :thumbs_up

T4_0_EMY
29-08-2007, 09:03 PM
put the plates on upside down lift her 80 mm :i_dont_kn :i_dont_kn

could it be done ?

answers on a postcard ! :D :D

seb stewart
29-08-2007, 09:09 PM
nice countryside and roads up there - most of my immediate family live in newtown and the surrounding area - bit quiet for me but fun on the 'bike 8D :thumbs_up

cool i live in llanymynech. i love it round hear thers always somthing going on if you look 4 it. what bike have you got? :)

regcheeseman
29-08-2007, 09:17 PM
unless any 1 has any outher way?

air bags - air suspension

probably way over budget though.

best solution.....

you can axle flip to go -100mm ish and then whack on big shackles when required to get clearance/carry load. 20 minute swap time max. :thumbs_up

seb stewart
29-08-2007, 09:22 PM
put the plates on upside down lift her 80 mm :i_dont_kn :i_dont_kn

could it be done ?

answers on a postcard ! :D :D

ok wer going up now. i dont see why not and because wer rasing the axle up i recon i could make my own plates and go hiyer than 80mill i dont know how safe it would be to go mutch hiyer on plates tho. thanks for that idear :thumbs_up. if the shop wos open to get a postcard i probibly would :D

seb stewart
29-08-2007, 09:31 PM
air bags - air suspension

probably way over budget though.

best solution.....

you can axle flip to go -100mm ish and then whack on big shackles when required to get clearance/carry load. 20 minute swap time max. :thumbs_up

defuntly carnt aford the air suspention. would like to do it tho but if i had the mony would probibly spend it on a new engine insted.

when you say shackles you mean like the lowering plates but using them 4 the making it hiyer when i need it? i like your thinking puting the 2 together we are defunetly geting ther :thumbs_up. thanks :)

regcheeseman
29-08-2007, 09:53 PM
no - not plates mate.

plates will take at least two hours to swap on or off

shackles are the plates which mount leaf springs to body (unless you were confused?!)

shackles have two bolts to undo to remove.

plates need you to disconnect brake lines, remove drum, shoes, hub and half shaft

if you make shackles with multiple holes you can lift up and down moving one bolt per side :thumbs_up

waterboy
29-08-2007, 10:09 PM
well i asked her and she sed " say they can have a piccy of my car as its alot nicer"

so hear you go

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/danxs/Golf/DSCF1703.jpg

thats her car and by the look of the reflection she's a blonde lassy, god wait till dirtbikedave see's this thread :D

p.s hi sis :I

seb stewart
29-08-2007, 10:10 PM
my bad :I i understand that sounds like a plan i will take a look tomoz and think about it defunutly sounds like the way fforward for me :thumbs_up thanks :) you may of solved 1 of my bigest worrys. i will tell u wott i think tomoz when i have looked at it :thumbs_up thanks

seb stewart
29-08-2007, 10:19 PM
i hope im not just going to be rememberd for my sister :(! lol

waterboy
29-08-2007, 10:30 PM
i hope im not just going to be rememberd for my sister :(! lol

its looking that way dude :cheers:

ratlook
30-08-2007, 03:00 PM
:thumbs_up Hello mate, Love the caddy, love the cossy{who's is that. Have one my self 400bhp}love your sis 2

Now i have a pair of uprated caddy rear spring any good? they lift it about 2-3inches, I will straight swap for your standard one's? let me no cheers dave.

seb stewart
30-08-2007, 05:51 PM
:thumbs_up Hello mate, Love the caddy, love the cossy{who's is that. Have one my self 400bhp}love your sis 2

Now i have a pair of uprated caddy rear spring any good? they lift it about 2-3inches, I will straight swap for your standard one's? let me no cheers dave.

thanks. i wos wondering if any one would spot the cossy. its my frends 4wd i think its about 275bhp.

i dont know about the springs i think i would prefer to go down than up at the moment cheers for the offer tho mate :) its apresheated :thumbs_up

T4_0_EMY
30-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Hello and welcome from N.Ireland

whats the mk1 hiding behind the truck aany more pics :i_dont_kn

seb stewart
30-08-2007, 06:09 PM
no - not plates mate.

plates will take at least two hours to swap on or off

shackles are the plates which mount leaf springs to body (unless you were confused?!)

shackles have two bolts to undo to remove.

plates need you to disconnect brake lines, remove drum, shoes, hub and half shaft

if you make shackles with multiple holes you can lift up and down moving one bolt per side :thumbs_up

well i had a look today my only thort wos the shacles would have to be quite long to make a sugnificant amount of diferance to the hight but worth me having a bit more of a look in to it :thumbs_up . i work very slowly :)

seb stewart
30-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Hello and welcome from N.Ireland

whats the mk1 hiding behind the truck aany more pics :i_dont_kn

thanksa and hello to you. that is anouther mk1 caddy i had the chois out of the 2 the bed in myne is hel of a lot beter than in that 1 because us keeps his compresor in the outher 1 and uses it 4 shifting truk tyers. that will be 4 sale2 if any 1 is intrestid near bishopscasttle i might have his number somewhere :i_dont_kn im afrade i dont have any pics of that 1 i dident realy look at it sorry.

kevstruck
30-08-2007, 07:36 PM
thats her car and by the look of the reflection she's a blonde lassy, god wait till dirtbikedave see's this thread :D

at least we now know where abouts she lives and what car she drives :thumbs_up

seb stewart
30-08-2007, 08:06 PM
at least we now know where abouts she lives and what car she drives :thumbs_up
sheas only at home for the hols she will be bak at uni soon :D

kevstruck
31-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Blonde with brains and a golf, perfect. and what uni would that be please say essex :thumbs_up (do not show this to my girlfriend ever, she would kill me)

seb stewart
01-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Blonde with brains and a golf, perfect. and what uni would that be please say essex :thumbs_up (do not show this to my girlfriend ever, she would kill me)

im afraid she dosent go to uni in essex. i would have to know you girlfrend to tell her ;)

p.s. havent got round to dooing any thing on the caddy yet it has to be road worthy to shofer my girlfrend about. but it is looking like an axle flip situation :)

dirtbikedave
28-09-2007, 08:46 AM

ive got you a present waterboy :up_yours:
you're too late anyway mate, like i said on another thread im a member of volksgirls (more ladies on there) and im getting to be 'mates' with avril already
how do you lot know i like the blondes anyway?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=907852&id=780905380&l=2403d
good lad getting a caddy though Seb, you done well!

vdub_mk3
28-09-2007, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=dirtbikedave]im a member of volksgirls (more ladies on there) /QUOTE]

What an awesome idea... Ive signed up! Loads of girls... who like cars! :0 :thumbs_up :D

dirtbikedave
30-09-2007, 02:39 AM
especially the for sales :D
e.g.
car
car
wheels
seats
car
shoes :I
head unit
car
leathers (kinky) :i_dont_kn
car
microwave :p
car
sink :screwy:

definately a girls site 8D
have a look to see how many of the replies are by men though :D :D

dirtbikedave
30-09-2007, 02:40 AM
microwave :p
&
sink :screwy:

i keep reading this one back and keep PMSL when i get to those coz someone is actually trying to flog em! :D

heres my proof!
http://volksgirls.informe.com/viewforum.php?f=11

definately definately a girls site :D :D :D :D :D

seb stewart
30-09-2007, 04:44 PM
ive got you a present waterboy :up_yours:
you're too late anyway mate, like i said on another thread im a member of volksgirls (more ladies on there) and im getting to be 'mates' with avril already
how do you lot know i like the blondes anyway?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=907852&id=780905380&l=2403d
good lad getting a caddy though Seb, you done well!

yes that avril would be my sister. im happy you all looking at my sister in that pic cos i look like a right fool!
i hope you havent tryd including her in your Dating Agency. :thumbs_up

dirtbikedave
30-09-2007, 09:10 PM
i hope you havent tried including her in your Dating Agency. :thumbs_up

this mans a genious!!!

let her know please dude :thumbs_up

kevstruck
01-10-2007, 05:47 PM
i need to join the dating agency, split up with my bird last week :up_yours:

dirtbikedave
01-10-2007, 11:55 PM
join up, join up!
get your ex to as well, if she's a dub-chick!
(dont worry i wont pair you 2 together)

heres the link

http://vwcaddy.com/showthread.php?t=14454&highlight=dating+agency

seb stewart
02-10-2007, 12:43 PM
well i askd avril. "lol im not that desprate" wos the reply i got from her :D

dirtbikedave
02-10-2007, 06:34 PM
well i askd avril. "lol im not that desprate" wos the reply i got from her :D

once she gets one good look at me she will be! :D

kevstruck
02-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Ive posted my ad george, cant wait for the offers to come rolling in, whats your success rate like? my ex drives a rover so shes out the question

seb stewart
03-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Ive posted my ad george, cant wait for the offers to come rolling in, whats your success rate like? my ex drives a rover so shes out the question

i have the feeling that you and George are the only people on ther which makes me think the success rate carnt be that good. :D

dirtbikedave
04-10-2007, 07:57 AM
i have the feeling that you and George are the only people on ther which makes me think the success rate carnt be that good. :D

err no, the success rate is soo good thats why we're the only ones listed with the agency!
VW-G couldnt handle the success rate, thats why he went awol! :screwy:

dirtbikedave
04-10-2007, 08:12 AM
yes that avril would be my sister. im happy you all looking at my sister in that pic cos i look like a right fool!
i hope you havent tryd including her in your Dating Agency. :thumbs_up

i was actually looking at your door handle and thinking 'ive got a spare set of shiny inserts' :D :thumbs_up

seb stewart
04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
shiny you say! haha il have a word with her :)