PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Bio Diesel

drshoebocks
24-07-2007, 04:36 AM
If you overlook the beer references this is a pretty good tale of fuel lines, injection pumps and the effects of biodiesel. I'll comment directly here from this point, but don't feel like reposting the entire process.

http://beersocks.blogspot.com/

drshoebocks
01-08-2007, 05:24 PM
We have been running B20 and the injection pump is now officially stopped leaking. One thing to note when using BD is that it will cause seals and fittings to swell, and if you switch back to regular diesel you are likely to get leaks. My GF has been noticing a hard start in the morning, she usually has to try and start it 5 times before it kicks over. I'm going to take a look this weekend, and wonder if the Filter needs to be drained, or if the injectors need to be bled one last time.

Patriot1
05-08-2007, 06:34 AM
ou can get the correct seals so it won't leak with B100

drshoebocks
07-08-2007, 02:43 PM
ou can get the correct seals so it won't leak with B100

I agree, I think eventually we'll have to get a rebuilt injection pump with viton seals, but for now it seems fine running a mix. I think I have figured the hard start problem, well not entirely, but should be able to tinker this weekend. The last injector, the one with the plug is leaking. It looks to be from the plug, so I am going to replace that, or at least check out where it is leaking. Can't wait to finish these fuel issues so I can start working on the suspension. hehehe

drshoebocks
07-08-2007, 02:45 PM
We have been running B20 and the injection pump is now officially stopped leaking. One thing to note when using BD is that it will cause seals and fittings to swell, and if you switch back to regular diesel you are likely to get leaks. My GF has been noticing a hard start in the morning, she usually has to try and start it 5 times before it kicks over. I'm going to take a look this weekend, and wonder if the Filter needs to be drained, or if the injectors need to be bled one last time.

By the way, I bled the system and it is still getting air into the the fuel. That is when I noticed a leak around the 4th injector.