PDA

View Full Version : green caddy

sparkyscoot
06-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Hi folks new caddy owner always wanted one but oppertunity never arose
had vw's for 20 years or so one turned up an 86 converted to derv,has'nt missed a beat to be honest not spent any cash on her apart from new wiper blades infact sold the vauxhall wheels that came on her so not bad.still aint done water pump no heater , had loads of idea's but no time or cash at mo mid life thing just wanted to lower it a bit and level it out but seems a bloody mine field,was gona sell her but have become quite attatched so she's in for mot next week any advice cheap fixes and id of f***er who followed me home and nicked my mint tailgate would be cool.....thanks folks Sparks

CaddyRacing
06-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Congrates man. Once you own a Caddy you cant let it go. Show us some pics of your baby.

Ric
06-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Welcome along. We're all a thoroughly nice bunch!

Get some pics up!

P4ulo
06-06-2007, 09:30 PM
and id of f***er who followed me home and nicked my mint tailgate would be cool.....thanks folks Sparks

No way.
we are our own worst enemy,
when you see how much mint ones go for,
it doesn't surprise me!!
Has anyone come up with any anti-theft techniques for tailgates???

Darth Garry
06-06-2007, 10:53 PM
The only anti-theft techique I can think up is do what P4ulo did to his yellow caddy. Hmm, or ugly lock latches or something. Grody.

I'm sorry your tailgate got ripped off dude!

Garry

Wagenryder
06-06-2007, 10:57 PM

Hadn't given it much thought before, since mine is in such bad shape, but might have an idea.

Seems to me that you could lower the tailgate and replace the bolts that the holder straps attach to the tailgate with. Something hard to turn without the correct tool. Like a security screw or bolt that has a pin in the center and cannot be accessed with a normal tool. Of course you'd have to do that at the pivot point of the strap and at the place where it attaches to the body, otherwise they could just disconnect those and carry the works away.

I do something similar with my license plate holder, changing from phillips or slotted screws to a hex key or other special bit. Most thieves don't carry such items with them. Haven't lost a plate in years.

I'll take a look later and see what other methoids I can come up with.

DubMonkey
06-06-2007, 11:30 PM
No way.
we are our own worst enemy,
when you see how much mint ones go for,
it doesn't surprise me!!

Budha has already done it, bolt through from behind the rear corner.

Totally stealth ad not going anwhere unless you can tear a bolt in half with your bare (bear :p ) hands :D

Monkey :thumbs_up