PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

gog661
22-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi been on here for a while , looking for inspiration for my caddy project.i have a j plate 1.6d 5 spd , had to cut out all the bed and make a whole new one, well sealed and galv painted so hope it lasts a while!. Fitted seats from a 2003 A4 t so comfier inside. Got Scirrocco alloys on it ,I bought a Vento to do the aaz engine transplant ,but after driving around ,the 1.6 diesel seems to suffice so its mentioned in the sales section of this fine place. I hope to hear back from some of you fellow caddy fans and will continue to look in from time to time.Regards Gordon.

darrenr
22-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum,look no further than show off my caddy threads for inspiration mate.can you post a pic of your reconditioned truck bed as i'm thinking of doing the same to my ol caddy :cheers:

foxhole
23-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Welcome Gordon!

Sounds like youre enjoying your project. :thumbs_up

Nick

streetracer9050
23-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Hello and welcome, sounds like some nice mods. Let's see it.

waterboy
23-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum,look no further than show off my caddy threads for inspiration mate.can you post a pic of your reconditioned truck bed as i'm thinking of doing the same to my ol caddy :cheers:

Put a new bed in mine a while ago now. took ages to get all the spot welds off. Put a flat sheet of metal in its place. My mate spot welded it on but i had my doubts about its strength so also used some countersunk style bolts. looks the bomb and is well solid :thumbs_up