PDA

View Full Version : Fuel hose size???

dave68
23-02-2004, 08:01 AM
Just bought a 82 caddy with 1.6 diesel.Doesnt run and owner says had bubbles in the clear fuel line.Got underneath it and the 2 fuel hoses on the passenger side of the tank are cracked and leaking fuel.I have heard they are metric size and look like a braided type.Does anyone know what size they are and where I can get new ones??Also looks like the hoses under the hood have been changed to 3/16" hose.Should they be metric ??? Thanks!!

Darth Garry
23-02-2004, 06:40 PM
I had a leaky hose in the back, and tried to fix it. I can't find the replacement anywhere. I believe the fuel sender hose is (the special one), like 12MM on one end and 10MM on the other end. You can check by sliding the hose back a little and putting a wrench on the fitting, and see what size wrench fits. I'm not sure about the sizes on the other hoses, but the return line hose should be standard stuff.

Yo DO need a specific Diesel (usually braided) hose. Diesel fuel will ruin any other type of hose.

Gazza!!!!

VW Junkie
23-02-2004, 08:56 PM
I had the same problem myself I tries several parts places with no luck ended up buying one from the dealer for $55 canadian dollars. might try the wrecker though